Can anyone help me? I need my baby back home

Chast1102

Hatching
Dec 21, 2023
On November 14th of this year.. conservation officers came to my house and took my goose. I didn't kno I wasn't allowed to have her. I've had her for 5 years. I've started a petition to get her back which has over 500 signatures. I was on my local news talking about what she means to me. But I keep getting shut down when I ask how I can legally get her back. My family is alp she knows. I saved her from being tortured by much older geese. She was the only baby and they were trying to kill her. I felt taking her was the right thing to do. When conservation officers took her they told me I took great care of her. Im told u have to have a special permit to have her but when conservation officers dropped her off.. the place was closed for the evening. The lady that owns the rescue posts pics and videos of her. Says she is a permanent resident... if she can keep her why can't I? She knows us and loves us.. and we miss her. I just want to do what I have to to get her back. Any help is much appreciated.

I am sorry what happened. That is heart breaking. I do not have any advice but was wondering if you are looking to get the permit to get her back?

You could post the link to your petition too and members have a chance to sign it too.

These laws exist for a reason. It seems mean to you but nature deserves to be free. Just chalk it up to a lesson. You can research getting permits for migratory waterfowl and get one but I don’t know if they would turn a once illegally possessed animal back over to you. Next time you see a wild animal and think it needs rescuing just call your conservation department or animal control. Hopefully you can get the permits and get her back.

i am so very sorry!!
what breed of goose is she?
definitely try to get the permit I think at least where I live they have programs to sign up to become a wildlife rehabilitator and then you get a permit for keeping all kinds of wildlife. You just have to take a course first. at least they are saying she’s a permanent resident and not adopting her out to someone else then it would be really hard to get her back because you wouldn’t even know where she was so look on the bright side. I think you have a great chance of getting her home you just have to work on it.

i am so very sorry!!
what breed of goose is she?
definitely try to get the permit I think at least where I live they have programs to sign up to become a wildlife rehabilitator and then you get a permit for keeping all kinds of wildlife. You just have to take a course first. at least they are saying she’s a permanent resident and not adopting her out to someone else then it would be really hard to get her back because you wouldn’t even know where she was so look on the bright side. I think you have a great chance of getting her home you just have to work on it.
That’s probably the best idea yet. It might be a lot of work but I think it would be worth it.

On November 14th of this year.. conservation officers came to my house and took my goose. I didn't kno I wasn't allowed to have her. I've had her for 5 years. I've started a petition to get her back which has over 500 signatures. I was on my local news talking about what she means to me. But I keep getting shut down when I ask how I can legally get her back. My family is alp she knows. I saved her from being tortured by much older geese. She was the only baby and they were trying to kill her. I felt taking her was the right thing to do. When conservation officers took her they told me I took great care of her. Im told u have to have a special permit to have her but when conservation officers dropped her off.. the place was closed for the evening. The lady that owns the rescue posts pics and videos of her. Says she is a permanent resident... if she can keep her why can't I? She knows us and loves us.. and we miss her. I just want to do what I have to to get her back. Any help is much appreciated.

Im so sorry I found your story on line. So hard when its wildlife. Totally domestic in your and her eyes. There are folks on here that raise Canada geese. You might find some one in this help in this thread about how to get through to politics to get her back https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/canada-goose-breeders-i-found-legal-breeders.1503150/

Back
Top Bottom