Can anyone help me? I need my baby back home

I say she go the other route. This is still a wild animal and if she wants to keep it she needs to learn how to care for it and do it legally. We can’t just go steal baby animals because they’re cute and bring them home. I know this isn’t the popular opinion but these laws exist so we can all enjoy nature. It’s in a safe environment now and maybe they can get it to socialize with other geese. The best thing for this poor bird would be to bond with another goose and live a semi normal life. A domestic goose would be just as loving and legal to keep. Sometimes we have to think with our heads and not with our hearts.

I say she go the other route. This is still a wild animal and if she wants to keep it she needs to learn how to care for it and do it legally. We can’t just go steal baby animals because they’re cute and bring them home. I know this isn’t the popular opinion but these laws exist so we can all enjoy nature. It’s in a safe environment now and maybe they can get it to socialize with other geese. The best thing for this poor bird would be to bond with another goose and live a semi normal life. A domestic goose would be just as loving and legal to keep. Sometimes we have to think with our heads and not with our hearts.
Read the whole story. I am not a fan of bringing wildlife into my flock in fact you can see me looking like a idiot chasing off sparrows. But read the whole story. After all a big percent of Canadian geese quite migrating. To many green pastures why leave.

Read the whole story. I am not a fan of bringing wildlife into my flock in fact you can see me looking like an idiot chasing off sparrows. But read the whole story. After all a big percent of Canadian geese quite migrating. To many green pastures why leave.
I did read it and it did nothing to change my mind. If she had taken in a baby eagle, bear or Buffalo I’d have the same opinion.

W
I did read it and it did nothing to change my mind. If she had taken in a baby eagle, bear or Buffalo I’d have the same opinion.
all good. But I haven't seen many lost eagles, Buffalo's or Bears in a city park. But this is a bird who is already domestic after 5 years. In my mind its about the bird and here flock which is the poster and there bond.

the conservation mob could have also handled this with some human sensibilities rather than simply throwing their legal weight around. After 5 yrs this is nothing more than theft. The bird is in no harm and they could have simply asked the carer to jump through all the hoops instead of being careless bullies. They obviously have nothing better to do than sit on facebook showing off their only job. They conserved nothing and didn't even rescue the bird to begin with. It's a sad day when people don't stand together against these strong-arm tactics.

the conservation mob could have also handled this with some human sensibilities rather than simply throwing their legal weight around. After 5 yrs this is nothing more than theft. The bird is in no harm and they could have simply asked the carer to jump through all the hoops instead of being careless bullies. They obviously have nothing better to do than sit on facebook showing off their only job. They conserved nothing and didn't even rescue the bird to begin with. It's a sad day when people don't stand together against these strong-arm
They are just doing their jobs. It’s law enforcement not a mob. The wildlife you see every day wouldn’t be here if it aren’t for them. Deer, Turkey, most waterfowl we almost hunted everything to extinction. That mob makes sure that never happens again.

They are just doing their jobs. It’s law enforcement not a mob. The wildlife you see every day wouldn’t be here if it aren’t for them. Deer, Turkey, most waterfowl we almost hunted everything to extinction. That mob makes sure that never happens again.
I understand your conviction to wild must be wild. Well then add humans. Then add in proprietors that no longer exist in areas. Then add in the natural balance of nature. Who hunts who. Take one animal out of that balance then add humans. Really add 2 legged humans who need want and dont live in the wild world. Of prey or be preyed. Then add livestock that feeds thous humans. Colorado just brought wolfs back into the state to bring some of the balance back to the Elk that are starving to death. Ranchers are not happy. But will help to balance the predictor eat prey here a bit.. Maybe we will not have as Manny starving elk or mule deer in the future.
As for Canadian geese. Denver Canadian geese rounded up 5,000 of the non migrating geese in 2020 killed and processed them. Why because we humans have given them a reason not to migrate. City Parks with the best food source ever. Year round food why leave and plenty of nesting martial an no editors. Definitely makes them prolific so geese that would have died migrating or in the wild are as productive than a domestic goose. But then the food source runs out. More geese than food. Was so hard to hear but denver only had one choice, Heathy geese or allot of starving geese. So they processed 5,000 geese.
As for the parks and wildlife they have allot of black and white to deal with and given 10% of the tools they need to make it work for nature to balance. I think there working on it.
What it comes down to is this is not my goose but over 5 years is part of a flock even if that flock is a human. It has been ripped from what it has known for 5 years. The chance that it will ever learn wild at this point is close to 0. I love my geese!!!!!!

I understand your conviction to wild must be wild. Well then add humans. Then add in proprietors that no longer exist in areas. Then add in the natural balance of nature. Who hunts who. Take one animal out of that balance then add humans. Really add 2 legged humans who need want and dont live in the wild world. Of prey or be preyed. Then add livestock that feeds thous humans. Colorado just brought wolfs back into the state to bring some of the balance back to the Elk that are starving to death. Ranchers are not happy. But will help to balance the predictor eat prey here a bit.. Maybe we will not have as Manny starving elk or mule deer in the future.
As for Canadian geese. Denver Canadian geese rounded up 5,000 of the non migrating geese in 2020 killed and processed them. Why because we humans have given them a reason not to migrate. City Parks with the best food source ever. Year round food why leave and plenty of nesting martial an no editors. Definitely makes them prolific so geese that would have died migrating or in the wild are as productive than a domestic goose. But then the food source runs out. More geese than food. Was so hard to hear but denver only had one choice, Heathy geese or allot of starving geese. So they processed 5,000 geese.
As for the parks and wildlife they have allot of black and white to deal with and given 10% of the tools they need to make it work for nature to balance. I think there working on it.
What it comes down to is this is not my goose but over 5 years is part of a flock even if that flock is a human. It has been ripped from what it has known for 5 years. The chance that it will ever learn wild at this point is close to 0. I love my geese!!!!!!
I totally understand your point, I may not agree with it but I can understand it. People get very emotional when it comes to animals and it’s hard to separate themselves from that emotion. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, the world needs both sides.

Back
Top Bottom