Tips on building a cheapo coop and run?

I would go with Polycarb. The PVC will be soft in high heat temperature condition. I have Polycarb patio cover for 15 years and still in very good shape.
Wanted to thank you. I had to call 4 Lowe's today (some said they had them online but didnt have physical stock. You just saved me about 140.00. Can't thank you enough!

I got a lot of 2x4s for free, but when I first started, I didn't know how to frame the sides of the coop, so the coop looks a bit bad with some touch-up hammering to get things right. Be sure to check some Youtube videos about that if you're doing the sides like a shed style.

I had built a short coop before but this time when building a taller walk-inl coop, I didn't understand the value of having as straight as possible 2x4s, since for a short one, you often don't get into the curves of the 2x4 yet so that didn't come up before.

You can also see the sample sheds at Lowes or Home Depot that are on display, to give you ideas about how to connect things.

Definitely recommend 1/4" hardware cloth on the bottom 1-2 feet of the coop, then the upper portion can be regular chicken wire, if your coop is not being enclosed with wood as some of the designs here have shown
Chicken wire is dangerous to use. Predators will get in.

Back
Top Bottom