Tips on building a cheapo coop and run?

The pallet chicken coop seems to be a fine option for chicken owners on a budget and who also have knowledge of how to use a hammer, drill and so forth. The pallet coop, while not magazine photo worthy, are amazingly sturdy and seem to last longer than those 'kit' coops.

upload_2017-12-29_7-13-42.jpeg

e787c2dd762ee499fb50b3e32056cb6c--chicken-coop-pallets-chicken-coop-run.jpg

upload_2017-12-29_7-14-51.jpeg

The pallet chicken coop seems to be a fine option for chicken owners on a budget and who also have knowledge of how to use a hammer, drill and so forth. The pallet coop, while not magazine photo worthy, are amazingly sturdy and seem to last longer than those 'kit' coops.

View attachment 1221023

e787c2dd762ee499fb50b3e32056cb6c--chicken-coop-pallets-chicken-coop-run.jpg

View attachment 1221024
Great design and very photo worthy! How much would you guess the metal roofing cost? I'm redoing the roof on the shed conversion and want corrugated metal to match what's on our wood barn.

That metal roofing would definitely increase the price of a pallet coop. Costs vary in different parts of the country....but repurposed tin would work great. The thing about a metal roof is they are noisy in a rainstorm!

Great design and very photo worthy! How much would you guess the metal roofing cost? I'm redoing the roof on the shed conversion and want corrugated metal to match what's on our wood barn.
It goes by length for cost. I buy at a Builders Discount store and get good prices, better than Lowes or HD.

I have plywood shipping box coop on the cement blocks for about 6-7 years. It should last for awhile. I spend about $75 for the hinge, roof material, 9 cement blocks, etc.. The run is free chain link fence. You can get most free item from the Craigslist. The trampoline probably should work as well too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom