Tips On Selling Eggs By The Road

I need some tips on selling eggs by my road. I put them out everyday in a cooler with a big sign above them for $2.00. For some reason I don't really sell any. :(
Thanks all!
I put up a sign saying Free dozen. Only ones i get rid of i have to deliver..lol

Really great to know that you have sold some already. What a joy!
I would suggest to use bright yellow or golden paint for letters on black background. Dark reddish letters on black background don't stand out that much.
Secondly, Don't sell the product (eggs), sell something else @$1(Large size sign) to attract them to stop by and raise your eggs prices (to give them a choice of may be two ranges $4 and $6 one to start with ). Make small packs of everything you have on farm - like $1 pack of feathers, A $2 feather tiara etc.
Or better put a Sign FREE FARM TOUR if you've time and may be leave a rooster in a big cage (secured) for attraction and a sign " If you wanna hold the rooster or chicks Just give me a ring" and take them on a free farm tour with more things to sell once they are there.
You never know what works, I can keep on writing when it comes to marketing :yesss:
I'd skip the farm tours, but that's my personal opinion. I worry about what could be tracked in to my flock unknowingly. If Mac (imaginary guy to use as an example) has an uncle he visited that just lost his entire flock to mareks or something devastating like that right before coming to you, Mac may bring something in that could wipe out your flock or make them deathly ill (silly auto correct I actually meant what I typed that time :D) . No judgment from me just offering another view. I wish you the best.

By the way, I LOVE this post! Such an awesome topic

Last edited:
I need some tips on selling eggs by my road. I put them out everyday in a cooler with a big sign above them for $2.00. For some reason I don't really sell any. :(
Thanks all!

I been noticing this for months this year. Our backyard neighbor doesn't want any and they normally ask us for some during Spring and Summer. Our senior neighbor has received four cartons from us. We don't sell them. Like a few mentioned it would have to be the virus.

Neighbor across the road sells eggs, veggies and so on at least last year she did. I will walk out our driveway and see if she is selling this year. Some neighbors here are getting organic free range eggs. Not sure where. We eat our own eggs. Can you believe we have 11 cartons now. Few more eggs we will have two more cartons. We will have to have breakfast again. Maybe three times a week. Eggs are good, lots of protein for me. I'm low on protein. Someone told me eggs had protein and I could of been having more to build my arms up. I'm doing it now.

I wish I could help you sell your eggs. Let me see what our neighbor says about her eggs.

I have a cute little stand with big signs. I have only been selling for about 1.5 months. At first it wad slow, then 3 weeks ago it was crazy, i sold like 3 or more doz a day. Then havent sold a single carton for 2 weeks now! I dont know whats happening! I sell for $3/doz. Its so strange!

Edit: I am going to add a sign at the end of property line that says "fresh eggs ahead" and see if that makes a difference.

I have a cute little stand with big signs. I have only been selling for about 1.5 months. At first it wad slow, then 3 weeks ago it was crazy, i sold like 3 or more doz a day. Then havent sold a single carton for 2 weeks now! I dont know whats happening! I sell for $3/doz. Its so strange!

Edit: I am going to add a sign at the end of property line that says "fresh eggs ahead" and see if that makes a difference.
just be careful some areas require a license to sell..i try to stay very low key

I only sell to friends/family, but I also have the problem where no one wants any and I have a stockpile of like 8 dozen eggs in the fridge and then suddenly EVERYONE wants them on the same day!! I don’t know how to break that cycle, it’s quite frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom