Tired of cooking the same old things! What do you cook....?

I am in the planning stage of cooking meals for a month with two of my girlfriends. We each are going to make a triple batch of our recipe and split and freeze everything. Here's what I have on my list so far:

Pot roast
Chili
Lasagna
Chicken Pot Pie
taco meat
sloppy joe meat
sloppy joe mac & cheese
taco mac & cheese
corned beef
pulled pork

EXTRAS:
pancakes

SNACKS:
oatmeal cookies
cereal bar treats

Tomorrow we are meeting to finalize our plans and make sure there are no duplicates and nothing that the other two families don't like. I know my friend is making beef stew and pizza dough and I'm looking forward to seeing what they will make. On October 2 we are going to use an industrial kitchen at a church to make everything. Should be hard work but a lot of fun!

Chicken pasta is easy and good. CHicken cut into pieces cream of mushroom or chicken soup over noodles. I sprinkle cheese on top also. I serve with a salad and garlic cheese bread. Very easy and really good.

If u wanted to get fancy add rotel and velveeta to it.

If you go to the recipe section you'll find a wide range of BYC's members favorite recipes.
smile.png

Chickensioux, Those look like some hearty choices. I would suggest some lighter fare. Also, if there are any "ethnic" types of food that your family likes, it might allow you to get out of the meat & potatoes rut. BTW: Do you like fish at all? Shrimp? They are more expensive per pound, but you serve less per serving. If I were your personal chef, I would cook you a chicken stir-fry for one meal; a veggie pasta sauce with zuchini to serve over penne with a salad for another; talapia Vera Cruz for another. Talapia is very inexpensive fish when you find it frozen. Vera Cruz style is baked with lemon & lime juice and some fresh salsa. Serve it with rice, beans and corn.

One of my favorite recipe sites is www.kraftfoods.com

Of course all of the recipes feature and promote Kraft products but I substitute with whatever I have on hand. I like the recipes on the site because they are mostly simple recipes that I can throw together with things I already have.

The Bruschetta Chicken bake is one of my stand-by recipes.

The Nilla Praline Cheesecake is good beyond words.

I was going to make lasagna the other day, had the sauce out and bubbly, the water boiling when I discovered I had no lasagna noodles...... Hrm..

I dug around and found I had 2 1/2 boxes of fettuccine noodles. Now all I needed was some meat... scrounged and came up with some breakfast sausage still in the roll. Not patty because I make biscuits n gravy, not biscuits and pattygravy
smile.png

Fried up the sausage, poured the grease and meat into the sauce and let simmer for a while. Added pepper

Then made it like lasagna except I didn't boil the noodles before hand.

The kids loved it. I went through 2 pans of it in one night. Only thing I did different was the sauce and the noodles
idunno.gif

I put breakfast sausage in my spaghetti/lasagna, too. I actually do half lb of sausage and a half lb of burger and fry it together. Then I add it to a canned sauce and let it cook for a while. Tastes yummy!

I have a variety of cookbooks that I cook from. Also I watch Foodnetwork and use some of their recipes. I am always trying something new. Of course, I have flops but I have successes also.

Every grocery day i try to grab a few thing off the shelf that i have never had before or not in a while. Then i type up the name and google it for interesting recipes. This week my family found out they really do love avocados when they are in smoothies, and that I am a cheese freak. I love cheese, all kinds of cheese. Today for lunch I made my husband grilled pears, with gouda, parsnips, and bacon. I wish I could see his face when he opens he lunch box at work today.

Back
Top Bottom