1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tis Autumn Again!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    This is absolutely and totally my favorite season of all time... I was walking to school the other day and couldn't help but step on extra crunchy leaves! It even sprinkled last night! Ahhh I love it.

Snapped some pictures of the chickens on a nice Autumn day!

This is my older kitty Chunky Man. His eye is scratched from roughhousing with my younger cat. He was sleeping in the coop lol.
    [​IMG]

Munk about to jump off the garbage bin
    [​IMG]

I liked this picture [​IMG] Joon + Chunky Butt
    [​IMG]

Monica
    [​IMG]

Munk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Looking good! Did you get your first eggs yet?

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I just love looking at pictures of Munk .. [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Monica has the stinke eye down to an art! Lovely photos.

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Pet Duck Boy: Nope no eggs yet! Joon and Munk are 21 weeks old, and Monica is somewhere around 25 weeks I think. No idea on Monica really lol, but I definately know Munk and Joon were born around April 1st. Joon has been redder and louder recently [​IMG] so hopefully soon!

FluffyPuffy: Munk is a sweetie but definately my ditzy blonde [​IMG] (I am blonde so it's ok LOL) whenever one of the Wyandottes start stalking her, she races away and seperates herself from Joon (her bodygaurd and head hen). I tell her constantly if she were an antelope in Africa she would be DINNER lol.

theoldchick: No kidding! Every single picture I take of her is posed like a woman with her hand on her hip eyeing the do wronger LOL every picture she is giving that "looks can kill" look. But she always comes running when I have the camera so she is a camera hog hehe.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Awe - She sounds like a sweet heart! [​IMG] How old is she?

7. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    21-22 weeks. I got them from the feed store the day they were shipped in from Belt Hatchery which was March 30th. I guess they were a day or two old when I got them. She is very sweet and even a lap chicken, but she is very skittish to sudden movements, ANY overhead birds, or the Wyandottes who occasionally peck her butt. Today she flew 7 feet STRAIGHT up when Phoebe, my Blue Wyandotte, pecked her on the butt. lol it was funny but I feel bad because more then once she has flown into the back screen door in a freak out panic over a falling leaf [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Ah - [​IMG] Poor Munky Poo! [​IMG]
    Hope she starts laying soon! [​IMG]

9. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Lol! I LOVE Munk!!

10. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    Well Shana, our Barred Rock, was hatched around the same time as Joon and she did a full squat for me yesterday and has starting to reddened up in the face. So, she'll be laying soon based on what some of the others have done. I suspect Joon will be doing the same soon if she hasn't already. So, in a short while you too will know the joy of regular pullet eggs.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by