Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I have hatched many chickens in my home made incubator- it is a 15 w resting on foil, not going anywhere, and lamp doesn't touch anything but foil
Several people make homemade incubators and they never have an issue. Some people get the regular incubators and they have several issues.

I'm definitely going to make the mini fridge into an incubator and I cannot wait for that day. First I am going to have to clean it out because it has been sitting for a while and I'm sure that a sitting fridge does not smell very well even though I did bleach it out before I let it sit.

I really love seeing people's homemade incubators because they are using their brain power to create something... Usually they use stuff that would just be tossed and thrown away. I always love when people upcycle things!

Info on how it was made? Like Fort Cluck, thinking about making my own in a mini fridge.
I'm using a wafer thermostat and I think some bulb I'm not sure yet what I'm doing. I think they have other ways to heat too.

I watched a video on YouTube of a woman who made a reptile incubator from a wine cooler so I was thinking about using her technique. She got a heat roll or something like that I forget what she called it but it was like aluminum or something and it had heating elements inside of it. It has adhesive on the back side of it so she just rolled it out and put it all along the back side of the cooler.

I love to experiment... incubator wise.

My friend have a glass front wine cooler that we considered converting into an incubator. It would have an incredible view but we decided with as many incubators as we have between us it was really unnecessary...I still think about it though! LOL, If I had more confidence in wiring we would have just done it anyway I'm sure but if we ask our husbands to help they'll be on to us way too quickly. :lau

Now this is how I like my dinner!
A8BF38BD-532E-44AA-9EE6-1031E5AFFEDF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom