Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Oh my gosh guys. 💔 I decided to candle the remaining eggs. So many DIS. 😭 So so many. Ugh. I hate shipped eggs. Most of them were malpositioned. 1 was my second wrong end pipper. I decided to help it, but it was gone. Another was pipped, but must have gotten rolled because the pip was underneath it and seemed like it suffocated. Ugh. Another is a malposition that’s hanging on by a thread. I think it’s going to pass. There are still blood vessels on the membrane so I’m leaving it. 4 were DIS malpositions without internal pips. One was internally pipped and then seemed to turn the wrong way after it internally pipped and died. And then there is my lone happy story. It was pipped but I hadn’t seen it because it was rolled underneath the egg. It had started to zip and got stuck. I finished the zip and it pushed out a couple mins later. So that’s it. My Gypsy Hen hatch is over. 25 eggs in, 11 chicks out. 3 of which are BBS Ameraucanas. One of which is blue and I’m sure it’ll be a rooster. 🙄
:hugs

I am so over this hatch along all of us have had so many pass away and it's so frustrating to me. I told my husband I don't think I've ever seen so much pass away before... 😭😭😭

Thanks. I appreciate it. I feel sick to my stomach. Can’t beliebe my round 3 hatch for the month is about to begin. Need to gather myself lol
Get your game face back on for your next hatch. I was so pissed about the past few weeks. I lost a few duck eggs, but it's expected. I didn't do any egg-topsies because I'm over seeing things not alive.

Our next hatches will be amaze-balls

Thanks. I appreciate it. I feel sick to my stomach. Can’t beliebe my round 3 hatch for the month is about to begin. Need to gather myself lol

My very last hatch under a broody hen last year went terribly wrong and it was the last straw for me to stop all hatching until last month when I finally pulled the incubators out again. I hope your next hatch goes amazingly well and then you can take a break feeling better about all of it!

Get your game face back on for your next hatch. I was so pissed about the past few weeks. I lost a few duck eggs, but it's expected. I didn't do any egg-topsies because I'm over seeing things not alive.

Our next hatches will be amaze-balls

Thank you for these words. This hatch along has definitely been sort of tragic for a lot of people! But I have a feeling it’s only up from here. I just opened the eggs enough to see they were gone. The pipped ones that were dead really got me though. 😭

Sigh. Okay moving on now. Got 11 babies to care for and more on the way tomorrow.

My very last hatch under a broody hen last year went terribly wrong and it was the last straw for me to stop all hatching until last month when I finally pulled the incubators out again. I hope your next hatch goes amazingly well and then you can take a break feeling better about all of it!
I was going to give up on everything chicken. Give away the whole flock 🙈 Then I figured I'd miss them too much and threw more eggs in the bator.

Thanks so much. I have the 2 dozen shipped eggs coming and I’m tempted to give Gypsy Hen one more go and just get BBS ameraucanas not a mix, so that I actually get enough chicks to grow out. But we will see.

Then I’m just hatching my own eggs from here on out. ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you for these words. This hatch along has definitely been sort of tragic for a lot of people! But I have a feeling it’s only up from here. I just opened the eggs enough to see they were gone. The pipped ones that were dead really got me though. 😭

Sigh. Okay moving on now. Got 11 babies to care for and more on the way tomorrow.
I have ducks galore here and crazy bantams. I need to sex these ducklings so I know who I'm keeping

Thanks so much. I have the 2 dozen shipped eggs coming and I’m tempted to give Gypsy Hen one more go and just get BBS ameraucanas not a mix, so that I actually get enough chicks to grow out. But we will see.

Then I’m just hatching my own eggs from here on out. ❤❤❤
I love hatching my own eggs!

Back
Top Bottom