Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

So my mother in law came for a visit and candled my eggs for me... we're down to 4 possibles. The one I was most hopeful about quit fully formed :hit now my husband has taken pity on me and we're off to the farm supply to buy babies to keep our lone Uno company.
Show us pics of the new fluff butts. Uno will be so happy. Sorry about your losses :hugs

I'm so sorry. It scares me thinking about my 17 that are in the incubator now. Those are my first purchased eggs for hatching. The first ones were my own eggs.
Don't be scared! It can really go either way. I just had a 100% on shipped eggs (that developed, not including clears). If they started growing, they hatched. Just make sure they're losing adequate moisture - I've gotten the sense that shipped eggs are particularly vulnerable to humidity problems.

I have some eggs in a home made incubator, that to be the right temp at night I have to have a blanket on top. I forgot to put the blanket on last night. They are only on day 3 and I know during natural first days of incubation momma hens get on an off the eggs, but I still am mad at myself! GRR!
I have faith that they'll grow perfectly fine. Don't be so hard on yourself :hugs

Back
Top Bottom