Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

What's the R stand for?

Rocket, I named a few of the undesirable eggs, lol. Rocket just hatched as a matter of fact! First peep out and it looks blue!! :love

3-12-20 Rocket Hatching.jpg

Giving away some of the last hatched chicks I did with the free eggs, my eggs, and other farms eggs. They're going to the same home as the duckling. That'll bring my chick count down half or so.
That's what I did last week with my Feb chicks (cull to manageable number). They're now 4 weeks old this week and got moved outside 2 nights ago. Still cold (60s day/30s night) but it's been my experience that they do fine if protected and supported. Especially when there's 15 together.

IMG_20200310_152525341.jpg IMG_20200310_152318415.jpg

That's what I did last week with my Feb chicks (cull to manageable number). They're now 4 weeks old this week and got moved outside 2 nights ago. Still cold (60s day/30s night) but it's been my experience that they do fine if protected and supported. Especially when there's 15 together.

View attachment 2049838View attachment 2049837
The ones that I'm keeping some will be for meat and selling. I put three of them with my layer flock because I like the looks of them, but I am not sure if they are female yet. If not they'll be meat too and I'll look for perfect females in my next hatch.

Rocket, I named a few of the undesirable eggs, lol. Rocket just hatched as a matter of fact! First peep out and it looks blue!! :love

View attachment 2049827
Ohhhhh! I forgot about Rocket. I asked because I have green eggs with an R on top of them but that's because they came from a Rhodebar. Go Rocket! Submit to the hatching chick photo contest!

Back
Top Bottom