Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

When I woke up this morning the last two chicks had hatched overnight! So that gives me a 91% hatch rate overall!
Now that they're all dry, I think there are 6 Blue, 2 Splash, and 2 Black! :D I will update with fuzzy pictures later today!

A recap of the Undesirable egg experiment if you weren't already following along on the thread:

- Hatch 3/12/20: 91% (started with 12, 1 infertile, 1 quitter, 10 live chicks)

- Used Version 2 Nurture Right incubator, 99.5°F, 40-50% (usually 45%) humidity for the first 18 days, increased to 65% for hatch.

- A total of 7 of the original 12 eggs were "undesirable" and 5 hatched!
- 2 Oblong Eggs - Both Hatched!
- 2 Porous Eggs - Both Hatched!
- 1 Sticky Eggs (thought to be egg white leakage) - Hatched!
- 1 Calcium Build Up Egg - Clear/Infertile
- 1 Cracked Egg (repaired with wax) - Quitter on approximately day 15-17 due to bacteria or from the amount of wax needed to cover large crack preventing proper gas exchange.
Awesome! Glad to hear you had such good results. And what a nice spread of colours on the babies!

Can you take a picture of what you're looking at? I know it's really hard to identify where things are. My guess would be malposition since there hasn't been a pip. Sometimes when waterfowl try to pip they leave what looks like a bruise on the shell, do you see that anywhere?
I opened it a lot because when I made the hole it busted.

IMG_20200313_111324.jpg
IMG_20200313_111330.jpg
IMG_20200313_111327.jpg

Back
Top Bottom