Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
Interesting dilemma popped up this morning. One of the 20 day old chicks decided to stick themselves under the auto water cup, it was not stuck, it just got cold and then too cold to move.

So there I sit, heat pack wrapped in a wash cloth and hand cupping a very cold chick as I try to figure out how to get her warm so I can get chores done. As I swivel around in my chair my eyes fell on the Nurture Right 360 that I had just cleaned, sterilized and put away.

So I want to confirm that the Nature Right works wonders as an isolated heat chamber. 4 hours later, the chick was up and back in the brooder jumping around with everyone else. She went from barely breathing to breathing nicely to up and looking around. And I got my chores done and to town to get lumber to build a stacking brooder.

Last edited:
Interesting dilema popped up this morning. One of the 20 day old chicks decided to stick themselves under the auto water cup, it was not stuck, it just got cold and then too cold to move.

So there I sit, heat pack wrapped in a wash cloth and hand cupping a very cold chick as I try to figure out How to get her warm so I can get shores done. As I swivel around in my chair my eyes fell on the Nurture Right 360 that I had just cleaned, sterilized and put away.

So I want to confirm that the Nature Right works wonders as an isolated heat chamber. 4 hours later, the chick was up and back in the brooder jumping around with everyone else. She went from barely breathing to breathing nicely to up and looking around. And I got my chores done and to town to get lumber to build a stacking brooder.
That's awesome. Glad your chick was okay. I've used my hovabators for that before with little chicks.

Interesting dilema popped up this morning. One of the 20 day old chicks decided to stick themselves under the auto water cup, it was not stuck, it just got cold and then too cold to move.

So there I sit, heat pack wrapped in a wash cloth and hand cupping a very cold chick as I try to figure out How to get her warm so I can get shores done. As I swivel around in my chair my eyes fell on the Nurture Right 360 that I had just cleaned, sterilized and put away.

That's great that you were able to save the little one with quick thinking on your part!

Were these shipped eggs?
Yeah. Last year I had pretty good rates from this particular breeder (about 70%). And none of the other kinds of eggs from them have any problems so far - everything is on track. Something's just up with the marans this year. Maybe it was too early in the season for them for good fertility.

Back
Top Bottom