Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
Sex linked olive eggers would be something like a solid Ameraucana over a cuckoo marans hen but there is a few different combos to achieve sex linked chicks. Im getting some in my shippment off eggs but i think a Welsummer and barred/cuckoo Araucana were used
ETA might actually be a legbar hen, I'll need to confirm this lol
Thanks!

if you put a Narragansett tom over a bronze hen then the boys will be bronze and the girls will be narragansett although this one might be harder to distinguish at hatch. but the chocolate one would be pretty straight forward!
I do know by the second generation with the barred black and trying to get just Pure black not barred black that we still have some little chocolate hens popping up... so its a fun thing. I do like it when I can tell folks yup thats a girl before its 7 months old

I think my brown egg is not fertilized because it’s clear, but it does have an air cell. Debating on removing it now or until Day 18 or 14 if it’s for sure that obvious compared to the others. I took a picture of one egg on the same day as the brown in comparison. I’m on Day 11.
54C921F1-DBD3-451B-A1FE-3EE300256C92.jpeg
AA083DF3-1416-47A0-980D-BAED84FE0BB3.jpeg
3C525BC1-35A4-497B-B811-99E95C1C1CF5.jpeg

I've never had them. I'd get female ones no males. Maybe males some day when I want to incubate. I'll stick with incubating chickens and filling the freezer plus increasing people's flocks 😁

I actually offered to take a friend's retired hens and give him a new flock, free of charge. Heck ya he will have the best flock around. This last hatch of barnyard mixes looks amazing with their coloring. Good solid breeding stock too.
you sound as bad as me always looking for an excuse to hatch something! lol
yes my incubator is full again. and the brooders.

I think my brown egg is not fertilized because it’s clear, but it does have an air cell. Debating on removing it now or until Day 18 or 14 if it’s for sure that obvious compared to the others. I took a picture of one egg on the same day as the brown in comparison. I’m on Day 11.
View attachment 2032855View attachment 2032857View attachment 2032859
Air cells always develop. It grows as moisture leaves the egg. Even in unfertilized eggs. That egg looks clear. At 11 days you should see veining. It won't hurt to keep it in but I toss them at that age.

Back
Top Bottom