Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
I nearly ordered from Gypsey Hen (I think we were looking for the same things on another thread?) Did you get marans eggs from them too? Considering how garbage my marans eggs look I kind of wish I had. I was also expecting to get some ameraucana (or EE, or amer crosses), and didn't get a single one. :(

Oh yeah! I remember you commenting on that thread of mine I think. I did order marans eggs from her too with my last batch of eggs as well as this one. 3 out of 7 of them hatched and 1 I tried to assist and it didn’t make it. It’s air cell was too small and it was malpositioned and didn’t work out. But the 3 that hatched are beautiful. And I have 7 Birchen Marans eggs in my incubator from her on day 3 but I haven’t candled yet.
4/5 of the ameraucana eggs from her hatched in my first batch, hence why I went Ameraucana crazy and I’m so glad I did!

I nearly ordered from Gypsey Hen (I think we were looking for the same things on another thread?) Did you get marans eggs from them too? Considering how garbage my marans eggs look I kind of wish I had. I was also expecting to get some ameraucana (or EE, or amer crosses), and didn't get a single one. :(

Where did you end up getting your eggs from?

I guess I can go to bed knowing the temperature in my incubator is good even with the two vent plugs removed. I thought it would for sure go crazy.

I wanna know the genders of my chicks already!! And I also want to know what TSC will have this year. Supposedly they were getting chicks the last week of February but not sure if that means the 29th or this coming Monday 😆

Sex linked olive eggers would be something like a solid Ameraucana over a cuckoo marans hen but there is a few different combos to achieve sex linked chicks. Im getting some in my shippment off eggs but i think a Welsummer and barred/cuckoo Araucana were used
ETA might actually be a legbar hen, I'll need to confirm this lol

Last edited:
Sex linked olive eggers would be something like a solid Ameraucana over a cuckoo marans hen but there is a few different combos to achieve sex linked chicks. Im getting some in my shippment off eggs but i think a Welsummer and barred/cuckoo Araucana were used
ETA might actually be a legbar hen, I'll need to confirm this lol
Learn something new every day. :)

Back
Top Bottom