Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
Just got my Marans hatching eggs in and wow...I can’t see the darn aircells to save my life. Even with my 1000 lumen flashlight. Sigh. One was cracked badly but the other 14 look perfect as far as no cracks. Just dying to know how bad the air cells look so that I know how to proceed. I guess I’ll just incubate them upright in cartons and turn manually until I figure it out. The aircells always get easier to see as the chick grows because there is some contrast in there. Here’s a pic of my eggs. Threw in a store bought brown egg to show color better.

Edited for spelling 😉View attachment 2024843

Those are some beautiful dark brown eggs! Which Marans type did you go with from Gypsy?

Hello all! New member here! I've been keeping chickens for a while now and this year I am going to attempt hatching my own eggs for the first time ever! 😬😁

Mind if I join in your March hatch-a-long? My first batch of eggs will be going in the 'bator this Sunday! 🐣 Blue Ameraucana, Black Copper Marans, Blue Splash Marans, Lavender Orpington, and Salmon Faverolles all from a regional NPIP certified breeder 😊.

Back
Top Bottom