Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics
That's Virginia too. Barely get any snow and the whole state shuts down and calls a state of emergency. I grew up in the north where it snows 2 feet and you still go to school
Recently it's been let's see if you can chip your car out of a 2 inch sheet of ice and then oh yeah clean off 18 inches of snow while you're at it. Makes retirement look so much more exciting lol.

I’ll trade all of you that say you miss snow. 😂 I’m in Colorado and we don’t have a shortage. I don’t like it, but I tolerate it. It makes me appreciate the other seasons more.
I agree I am not a fan of the snow but love the rest of the seasons. Even the non snowy days in winter are beautiful.

D9 update: pulled three more of the BBS marans eggs out, including the only one that was actually dark. Two were definitely infertile, and the last was either a D1 quitter or just scrambled. So, down to two. Fortunately, the breeder said he'd replace the eggs!

That's great news that he's willing to replace them! Not everyone is.

D9 update: pulled three more of the BBS marans eggs out, including the only one that was actually dark. Two were definitely infertile, and the last was either a D1 quitter or just scrambled. So, down to two. Fortunately, the breeder said he'd replace the eggs!
At least he will replace! The closest breeder to me won't replace but she does include extras. So I guess that's a toss up. On the other hand I got almost 2 dozen eggs from her for less than $100. That's not always easy to come by, either.

We have received over 200 inches of snow this season, which is kind of mild for us. It appears the winter is winding down, but we will probably get a few more big blizzards. Just no regular snow showers (which at my house mysteriously always result in 6 inches in the driveway 🤔) in between. Here's my kid walking out to the coop!

20200119_160758.jpg

We have received over 200 inches of snow this season, which is kind of mild for us. It appears the winter is winding down, but we will probably get a few more big blizzards. Just no regular snow showers (which at my house mysteriously always result in 6 inches in the driveway 🤔) in between. Here's my kid walking out to the coop!

View attachment 2034152

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if I had to deal with it daily it would be exhausting but it's just so beautiful! I need to go on a little trip to see some snow before it's gone for the year.

Back
Top Bottom