Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Fort cluck- that looks like the incubator I ordered, It is supposed to come tomorrow.

Eggs came today and they are resting... the single egg in the purple is an egg from my coop. These are from Meyer. Only one cracked egg- but they sent extras. The cracked egg was all contained and prolly the lightest crack, I had ever seen. It really didn't need nail polish, but I put some on for strength. I have the least amount of worry about with this one egg than any cracked egg I ever...tried to save. Moving on, they came across the country and only 2 air cells were loose. (those 2 were packed upside down.)
rView attachment 2037141

I ordered a doz eggs from my own state recently these came out much better. These were very well cared for.
This makes me feel better about the eggs I have coming from MH in April! My postal route seems to be very gentle with packages, so hopefully that helps, too 🤞🤞🤞

Hi, all! Jumping on to say I've just set 15 eggs--14 CCL + another of my marans as a fertility check. Of course, I wouldn't be me if I weren't continuing to bid on chicks and eggs all over the place. :lau My hatch is due 3/19

What does everyone else have cooking?

4 BBS Ameraucanas
1 Lavender Orpington
5 Salmon Faverolles
2 Black Copper Marans
3 BBS Marans

Due on about 3/7. I am expecting to pull one Ameraucana and one BBS Marans, though. Pretty sure they quit on me :(. That would still leave me with 80% of my fertilized eggs making it to lockdown which I'd be happy with as it's my first hatch.

I don’t know if I had chicks on my mind last night, but I dreamt all my eggs started pipping and hatching in my incubator. I was so excited and equally confused since I knew it wasn’t Day 21 (today is my Day 16). I hope all my chicks make it!

Sounds more probable than my dream! I dreamt I lived on a fortified train caboose...which would never happen because obviously you can't keep chickens on a train...the zombies were probably pretty unrealistic as well. :lau

I had a brain tumor removed on Feb 3rd and came home on Feb 5th. I had a couple of dreams I remember from the first couple of nights. Somewhat dark dreams, but the really strange thing was that they were cartoon-like, illustrated. Haven't had any since, though. :hmm

I'm glad you're home and recovering! It may have been from the medications they give you during surgery and afterwards. I had a friend that has a chiari malformation that required brain surgery. I don't think she accurately remembers those first few weeks after. It's incredible what they're able to do in the operating rooms now.

I'm glad you're home and recovering! It may have been from the medications they give you during surgery and afterwards. I had a friend that has a chiari malformation that required brain surgery. I don't think she accurately remembers those first few weeks after. It's incredible what they're able to do in the operating rooms now.
Thank you! Yes, it is amazing! My surgery took 2 hours. Once they took me off the IV pain relief I only took over the counter acetaminophen. I had the remaining staples removed this morning and I will return to work on the 30th.

Fort cluck- that looks like the incubator I ordered, It is supposed to come tomorrow.

Eggs came today and they are resting... the single egg in the purple is an egg from my coop. These are from Meyer. Only one cracked egg- but they sent extras. The cracked egg was all contained and prolly the lightest crack, I had ever seen. It really didn't need nail polish, but I put some on for strength. I have the least amount of worry about with this one egg than any cracked egg I ever...tried to save. Moving on, they came across the country and only 2 air cells were loose. (those 2 were packed upside down.)
rView attachment 2037141

I ordered a doz eggs from my own state recently these came out much better. These were very well cared for.
If you ordered the farm innovator 4250, I love it. I have had zero issues with it so far. It's a really nice incubator and it's easy to clean

My dumb farm incubator is being sent from Virginia by fed ex to WA state. I can tell they are sending it by truck. He sent it Monday, and as of yesterday it was in Utah, I hope I get it by Sat, I mean the eggs are here. And they are already 5 days old. I am working on getting one of my home made incubators fired up. just in case, I mean what if it doesn't get here until Mon?

Back
Top Bottom