Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

It’s day 19 now, they’re due on sunday. It has been like that since I put them in an hour ago. I put a regular thermometer at about the same spot, but this one is raised to the hight of the top of the eggs and that one says around 36,5 C or 97,7 F

With them being that far along in development the slightly lower temp isn't going to hurt them. If you don't expect it to regulate you could try moving them to a more consistent temp area til hatch but if you think it will warm up in the next hour or so it will be fine since that's not actually cold. The humidity isn't terrible either, I usually shoot for 65% on hatch day in my incubator but I also have a fan that blows quite hard. 50% will be ok and once you see external pips it should cause the humidity to spike. If it doesn't and you start to see darkening membranes at the pip location you can also put a warm wet sponge in with them to more quickly increase humidity.

With them being that far along in development the slightly lower temp isn't going to hurt them. If you don't expect it to regulate you could try moving them to a more consistent temp area til hatch but if you think it will warm up in the next hour or so it will be fine since that's not actually cold. The humidity isn't terrible either, I usually shoot for 65% on hatch day in my incubator but I also have a fan that blows quite hard. 50% will be ok and once you see external pips it should cause the humidity to spike. If it doesn't and you start to see darkening membranes at the pip location you can also put a warm wet sponge in with them to more quickly increase humidity.
I just put my home humidifier on right next to the incubator, hope it will help some.

I'm thinking about getting a second incubator. Currently I have a MagicFly Auto Egg Incubator. It works great, just a little too small so another would help! Does anyone have recommendations? Amazon has a bunch but there are so many model variations, off brands, and price variations of each type I have no idea which to buy. Price range is less than $70.

Back
Top Bottom