Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I'm thinking about getting a second incubator. Currently I have a MagicFly Auto Egg Incubator. It works great, just a little too small so another would help! Does anyone have recommendations? Amazon has a bunch but there are so many model variations, off brands, and price variations of each type I have no idea which to buy. Price range is less than $70.

All of my favorite incubators are over $70. If you can fit it into your budget I would go for a Nurture Right 360 or IncuView, they're still reasonable but more like $130-150. If you don't need an auto turner you can get a Hovabator 1602N for right around your budget price and that would be my next suggestion and the fan kit is easy to add to make it a forced air. It will also hold more eggs. If you look on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist you might be able to find a better one for less as well. Good luck incubator shopping!

glances over at the counter at the leftover 2 dozen eggs sitting there from my own flocks.

Made 20 breakfast burritos to put in the freezer and used the third dozen from the past 2 days and all were fertile so the new young Roo that I put in the pen to learn the ropes from some older hens is doing his job.

Don't really want any mixes, though they would be olive eggers as the Roo is a CCL.

I do have eggs being shipped out in the next week or so, so do I really want to fill up an incubator.

SIGH

I have a problem.

One easily fixed by buying a cabinet incubator.

glances over at the counter at the leftover 2 dozen eggs sitting there from my own flocks.

Made 20 breakfast burritos to put in the freezer and used the third dozen from the past 2 days and all were fertile so the new young Roo that I put in the pen to learn the ropes from some older hens is doing his job.

Don't really want any mixes, though they would be olive eggers as the Roo is a CCL.

I do have eggs being shipped out in the next week or so, so do I really want to fill up an incubator.

SIGH

I have a problem.

I keep telling myself this. I think I will be building myself one in the near future.

SIGH

I have a problem.

I don't think I could resist filling my incubators if the eggs were right there in front of me, just asking for it. Lol

I'm seriously debating ordering more eggs just because my incubators "look" empty. In reality I'm just waiting for a couple people to call me and tell me the eggs are ready. I'm just impatient. :lau

Okay...just have to share my tiny splash marans that hatched last week. So excited to have great fertility and such a pretty bird.

Attachments

• 7etTkFOhSZ6OueBI49sOkg.jpg
    7etTkFOhSZ6OueBI49sOkg.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom