Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Lockdown day!! I'm so nervous. Of my original 22 only 10-12 seem viable at this point. The ancient relic spiked to 104 at one point but my husband caught it and got the temp regulated again. Also think my roo has been doing his business with most of our young layers vs our older girls because most of my older girls eggs are the ones that quit. I'm now anxiously waiting for happy little peeps and cheaps. Luckily I still have to put the finishing touches on our new reclaimed brooder box today so some of my anxious energy will go to that. :fl

Another fun development though my husband has decided we need to do another hatch after this one. One because we're getting the "bugs" out of the system with the current hatch and 2 we sold 3 of our young layers to a friend just starting their chicken horde and he misses them and wants more. Please insert evil genius laughter here. Now I'm not the only crazy chicken person in the house.

Yes! I’m going to need friends to let me send them eggs to test out my shipping methods/packing job.

:frow Hi, I'm Andrea and I all about supporting my friends and their shipping methods. lol
big smile.gif

I've been basically dry hatching them. My humidity is about 20% to 30% depending on the humidity in the house.

I was spraying them from day 10 to day 15 with distilled water at room temp on a towel out if the incubator. After day 15 I sprayed them inside the incubator because I didn't have chicken eggs at the time. I sprayed them like that till day 18. After day 18 I'd turn them twice a day (I used my turner until day 14 because I had bantam eggs about to hatch). I stopped turning them on day 21.

After day 21 I haven't touched them. They're supposed to hatch on the 12th, but I have about 8 external pips and I hear a lot of peeping.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Did you keep the eggs separate that you were spraying vs not spraying? I'm curious is one side has more external pips at this point than the others.

I only did it for so many days though but after day 15 I started spraying them in the incubator instead.

I think I started around day 9 or 10 with the Sebastopols but I am spraying them in the incubator so the other goose eggs have now been getting sprayed since day 1. So I guess I'll see how that effects the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom