Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

It is officially day 21. I still have little Uno all by his lonesome in the brooder. I checked the eggs at 4am and just a few minutes ago with no visible signs of progress. I'm trying to stay hopefully but my husband has been trying to prepare me for the possibility of it just being Uno we get this go around. If Uno is my only chick that hatches my other half has already promised we'll try again but he'll get me a new incubator so we don't have to worry about the ancient relic acting up. :(
Is this the only chicken you have at all? Or do you have others?

I'll get lots of pics. I want to make an album of them for memories of when I had sepsis and pneumonia and was hospitalized and had a random call from someone we know about incubating 36 duck eggs... I was so delirious I said yes without thinking 😂😂😂 What a month it's been!

It has certainly been quite the month!

:hugs If it's only day 21 there's still hope! Fingers crossed! :fl
:hugsThank you I'm still holding out that Uno was just an overachiever and is applying a military mindset of hurry up and wait for his siblings. My husband was a Marine for almost 10 years so it's something we lived with constantly of hurry up get everything done right now then wait forever to actually do what you were hurrying for.
On a lighter note has anyone noticed with their previous hatches that their super noisy chicks more often turn out to be boys?

:hugsThank you I'm still holding out that Uno was just an overachiever and is applying a military mindset of hurry up and wait for his siblings. My husband was a Marine for almost 10 years so it's something we lived with constantly of hurry up get everything done right now then wait forever to actually do what you were hurrying for.
On a lighter note has anyone noticed with their previous hatches that their super noisy chicks more often turn out to be boys?

I understand that mentality well! And so far the super loud peepers have mostly been boys but it's a specific kind of loud, not just peeping because they're looking for companionship, it's usually hoping on top of something or standing in he middle of the brooder, stretching out and "PEEP PEEP PEEP". lol

I understand that mentality well! And so far the super loud peepers have mostly been boys but it's a specific kind of loud, not just peeping because they're looking for companionship, it's usually hoping on top of something or standing in he middle of the brooder, stretching out and "PEEP PEEP PEEP". lol
Like my gold sebright. Thing never shuts up! I know it's a roo. But I ain't made be I lost HeiHei, we put him down. He was a silver sebright so this one will take his place.

:hugs So sorry about Hei Hei. It's kind of wonderful that the roo ends up being a Gold version of the same breed!
I thought it was kind of meant to be because I didn't know that I had gold sebrights. I found out when I posted them on here. I started crying (I know pathetic, I hate crying) because I got some of the best breeds with what the guy picked at tractor supply.

I wrote an amazing review about him to corporate too because he went above and beyond. I didn't tell them that he picked me out some of the rarest breeds out of the bin. He said that there were a couple breeds that I got where they only got one chick like that, so most likely not meant to be there.

Nice! Today is 19 for me too and a Flowery Easter Egger just pipped 😬 So there was a little mix up with my order (which was actually a replacement for my first order which got scrambled in the mail. I paid half price for a second batch which was nice of the seller). I had originally ordered all olive eggers which is what I am most excited about. The replacement was supposed to be half olive eggers and half BCMs, but boxed got mixed up and I ended up with half OEs, and 4 Flowery EEs and 2 Marans. I never would have known about Flowery EEs. I asked a bunch of questions about them because I am trying to decide whether to keep them or sell them. Magicman said the pen my eggs came from were
Flowery EEs (EE x Swedish Flower Hen) crossed to Marans and then those crossed back to a Lavender Ameraucana- there fore my babies should be black. Wonder if yours are the same. What color are your eggs? Mine were like a light olive.
Oh and of course only 1 OE made it to lock down for me. One was cracked and I didn’t set it and then one was clear and 2 quit on me. And with my luck this one will either not hatch or be a rooster. 😂

Oh, and on another note, I just set the 2 dozen BBS Ameraucana eggs I picked up locally this past weekend. 2 had super small cracks I noticed when candling so it’s actually 22 eggs because I left those out.
I got a surprise mix since I traded. My flowery easter eggers are light blue like a cream legbar egg. The olive eggers are a green color. I'm looking forward to what the ee looks like. I didn't ask questions and I'd never heard of it before but I am partial to blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom