Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I am spoiling my Buffy, in my shirt, while I am on the computer..
. bufd.PNG
bufb.PNG

and with my dog
bufc.PNG

Did the humidity just spike to 82% while the chicks were hatching? Because that's normal and shouldn't cause any issues when it's short periods. Most hatching happens over a day or two so just allow the humidity to come back down after the chicks are done hatching and wait until the other eggs are on day 20 (or your see an external pip) to increase it again.
The humidity only went up when the chicks hatched it's come down to 46% since and holding steady. Thank you for your help

@Mylied — you had asked two three weeks ago if my wing sexing was accurate. For the first time I am glad it was not accurate. When I wing sexed them at 3 days old I only thought I had 1 male but turns out I have a lot more males. I don’t have an exact number but when they turn 1-2 months I’ll know the exact count.

Thank you, I thought eggs where only good for 10 days, so thank you I am not going to stress to much then I'll will get new incubator on wednesday or thursdsy

Viability starts to drop after 10 days but it's not like 100% of your hatch will be ruined. You just might not have as many develop as if you had set them within the first 10 days. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom