Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Welcome, number 2!
20200329_212023.jpg

Pavlovskayas from Foxfire :)
View attachment 2066733

Edited to add: Crispy McChicken is the white one and she is tiny compared to all of the pullets. Small for a Pavlovskaya? No clue.
Pavs are small. I had one hatch from Foxfire that looks similar. I also have Isbar, Marans, CCL, and Spitz from them. I have Isbar (and Barnevelder )from a different breeder as well.

479E398F-7627-458E-8930-3E2B00560E8D.jpeg

Pavs are small. I had one hatch from Foxfire that looks similar. I also have Isbar, Marans, CCL, and Spitz from them. I have Isbar (and Barnevelder )from a different breeder as well.

View attachment 2067765

The little white one is tiny! Such a pretty group of birds. The cockerels must just be on the larger side then. Are your Spitz somewhat flighty compared to others?

Worlds easiest hatch this morning. Chicks were all pipped when I got up this morning and were out by 9:30 am with no assistance. I could use a few more hatches like that. I put the eggs in the top of a cardboard egg carton on their sides so they couldn't kick them around after they hatched and it seemed to help a bit with the bowling.

1585577192950.png

The little white one is tiny! Such a pretty group of birds. The cockerels must just be on the larger side then. Are your Spitz somewhat flighty compared to others?
The Spitz are freaks. :gig I ended up with 3 golden cockerels and a silver pullet. Just gave away 2 of the boys. The pullet is the worst for being flighty. The boys approached for treats, and I can usually grab them. The girl,:he, it’s ring around the Rosie over and over to catch her. The rest of our chickens are pretty easy, and most will come To us.

I love our Barnevelder, they are so funny. They are housed with the Serama, an Isbar, and an EE. 2 of my Serama have Silkies feathers. The Barnevelder sit ON those two Serama at night to keep them warm-I’ve seen both the male and female doing it. It’s hilarious, the spread their legs over the Serama, the Serama get situated, the Barnevelder sit on them, and that’s how they stay all night long. Mind you the coop has a ceramic heater, 2 heat plates, and super thick insulation.(and well ventilated) Anyway, the Barnevelder are gorgeous and sweet..

So weird. The eggs my two Pavlovskayas came out of were BIG. But with the size of Krispy McChicken, there’s no way a big egg can come out of her.

This whole not having eggs thing is killing me! Went to the grocery store and not a single carton was on the shelf. Other half said “Wish we had to some chickens of our own 🙄

We have 70 chimkens currently. Only two are old enough to lay, but they’re old and don’t lay anymore. Figures.

We ended up with two Barnevelders. Maybe they can sit on Krispy at night to keep her warm? Lol

Back
Top Bottom