Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

well I keep saying that we are not going to set as many this week .... and then find ALL the incubators full again! huh how does that keep happening?
I know, right?! My husband walked in while I was candling a few nights ago and I was totally busted. He asked "What are those eggs?" I was like 😇 He was like :eek:But then after the shock wore off :highfive:

well I keep saying that we are not going to set as many this week .... and then find ALL the incubators full again! huh how does that keep happening?

It's a legitimate problem...I'm dropping off some chicks at a couple friend's houses tomorrow...both of these friend's have beautiful breeding flocks. I'm hoping since I'm not asking ahead of time they won't have any eggs available. :lol:
byc i bite fish hook.gif

That Orpington in the front of pic 5 is stunning! I think all chicks in that pic might be female? Hard to tell from that angle and just one pic. I'd keep watching for their combs to color up. Around 2 weeks you'll start to see some getting redder and wattles coming in.

I love your Rocks and Rock crosses! This makes me want to get some. Some of my favorite roosters ever were Barred Rock crosses. Amazing birds!
Thank you, I'm hoping those in pic 5 are females too, I really like Orringtons and Rocks if females they eill join my flock. If they are males I will have to build a pen for them

I wanted to pop in about my last March hatch - the BBS silkie eggs that only had three out of 18 survive being shipped.

I had three hatch, although two had to be assisted. Two are doing ok, and it turns out they aren't so much "silkie" as "well, most in the pen are silkies", and are both frizzled. Third chick had a horrible horrible hatch, and has some pretty badly deformed feet that I'm still trying to fix with corrective taping. If it survives it is going in my pet flock, I don't want to risk passing on a genetic defect. I'm tempted to ask for my money back, but I'm letting it go....

Back
Top Bottom