TN- ameraucana flock

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
I am changing out my flock rooster and want to find a good home for my original rooster. He is a proven breeder and is a great flock protector. He is also very gentle and attentive to his girls. I have used him as my head rooster for two years now and have hatched out a TON of babies from this guy. He tends to throw a lot of black babies.

He is from Gardner eggs and is two years old. He's blue. He's molting right now so he looks a little raggedy. This is a pictures from today, raggedy or not.
smile.png

IMG_9791.jpg

He comes with two pullets so he'll have a little harem. It will be two of the black girls that hatched this season. They aren't laying yet, but should soon. My original stock came from Gardner and Riddick lines. Their mothers lay really lovely blue and blue green eggs.

IMG_9784.jpg

I am in middle TN and can meet you in Murfreesboro, Columbia, Franklin or Nashville.
I am NPIP.

Yup. He's a good boy.
smile.png
He has been the best flock rooster. If only he didn't throw only black babies. Sigh. I am ever so tired of black chickies.

Ya interested?
smile.png

Ahhh to bad you arent closer to me. He is beautiful! I would take him in a heartbeat!
sad.png
I have wanted a good rooster and a few hens for a very long time now.

Quote:
What color would you say he is? Also, do you think he would do well with my Wheat color Ameraucanas? xx Suzette

He is blue. He hatched from eggs I got from the Gardner's BBS flock. He has pretty consistantly thrown black babies (with the random blue and even more random splash tossed in for fun).

I don't really know much about the wheaten genetics, so I'm not sure what he would do with wheaten hens. According to the chicken calculator he would throw all black or blue offspring when mixed with a wheaten hen. I don't know how accurate that calculator is though. There are so many variables.
idunno.gif

I have had really good fertility with him. He's also really gentle with his girls. I'm only rehoming him because I want more splash babies. A splash roo ups my chances of that. This blue boy does make pretty babies though.
smile.png

Quote:
How does he do with others Roosters?
wink.png
I do want him, can you come my way at all for travel cause it is a total of an 8 hour drive for me, and with 3 kids, will be a little nuts. Maybe I can get to you this weekend. xx thanks Suzette

Last edited:
He has done okay with the young roosters I have raised in that pen. Of course, the young guys weren't trying to be alpha roo. This guy's flock and my EE flock (also with an ameraucana rooster) free range at the same time. The boys are fine as long as they stay away from each other. Every couple of months they have a stand off. Once I walk up and fuss at them they break it up and go to opposite sides of the yard.
smile.png

Did you want the girls too?

Quote:
Okay, no problem cause he will be head of my new flock and my older flock keep to themselves. My roosters are very sweet and work together, really amazing animals.
smile.png
Don't think so for the girls dear, I don't have any black hens yet but if he throws them, maybe spring/summer time I will. xx Suzette

Back
Top Bottom