To all "long time" BYC-ers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job everyone for keeping this civil and for not going into details (hence why this thread is still open).

A few important points:

• Staff love this community and put in countless hours to keep it safe and fun
• Do staff sometimes make quick decisions with little info, yes. Will the decisions always be perfect, no. Will they do it with the best intentions, absolutely!
• Staff do all they can to protect this group. That said EVERY PERSON reading through this forum is responsible for their own actions. Even staff members can be duped so we can't rely on staff to weed through what are good and bad situations.
• Again, as with most things in life, look before you leap.

Personally, and this is me now speaking as a member, not the site owner: There are plenty of people and organizations that I support locally that reach out globally. I try to be trusting, but if I can give time and money to a known entity that has a past history of helping the most people in the most efficient way... I'll take that over the unknown situations (like the guy on the corner who may or may not spend the money I give him on drugs). To each their own.

What I, as a member of staff that was here when this went down, am feeling is actually a bit of "we tried to tell you." Again, I get emails every day asking about why staff did this or did that. Well, as I respond in many of those emails:

"Please remember, and this is important, the BYC staff are reading hundreds of posts a day and getting tons of emails a week. Sometimes they have to make very quick judgments and respond quickly to problems or even potential problems. The fact they donate so much of their own time, without any compensation, to create a thriving and pleasant community is pretty darn amazing!

The BYC staff do the best job they can with the resources we have available. This is not a full time paid job for any of us and it is a LOT of work. We'll make quick decisions on what we feel is best for the group"

So far, this thread has justified the decisions the staff members make on a daily basis and I thank them for that!

Nifty-Chicken: I'm sure I speak for everyone that you all do a great job.
Most of us did not leave this site. We just expanded our horizons a little.
For me it was just another place to be able to meet some nice people and talk chickens! LOL!
I'm really sorry it didn't work out because it was a nice place and small and intimate.
But it certainly did not take away from all the work you do here and I know we all enjoy this board.
Thanks again for all the work you do.
Jacie

NIFTY- All I can say is thank you, thank you! This is the only site I post on for those very reasons!

Last edited:
OH! I think I know who we are talking about!
Is it - *h **** *** **m ?
and c*****?
I don't mean harm and don't really care.
WELCOME BACK CARRIE B.!
woot.gif

Last edited:
For all of us who actually helped her out in her "time of need", we can look at it this way...

Call it TUITION at the University of Life. Somehow it goes down easier that way. While I was generous with her, I figure that I paid my dues at the "university" and am a lot wiser now and will do a background check (via google) in the future. It could have been a LOT worse.

Also, the way I figure it, the Lord knows the intention of the hearts of those of us who gave and he will amply reward them for their generosity....if not in this life, in the next.

Chin up everyone! Now we can get back to talking about chickens.
wink.png

Mmmm I know who you all are talking about.
hmm.png

Welcome back Carrie! Now go post some pics of those gorgeous horses of yours.
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom