To all the doubters....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by debilorrah, Sep 17, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Dead mouse in the hallway this morning. WE HAVE A MOUSER! Apparently kitties do not need a mama to show them how to hunt.

2. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] way to go little kittens!!!!!!!! our cats kill and bring the item they hunted to our door step and wait for our approval ha ha its cute.. [​IMG]

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Well if it makes you feel any better, my mama didn't teach me how to hunt and I like to kill things.

4. debilorrah

Actually I am surprised, they are just 5 weeks old, but MAN have they been active and bouncing all over the place. I supposed they saw the mouse and it didn't have a chance. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

Quote:You are such a goof.

6. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    And they probably batted it around for a while first. I watched my cat hold down a mouse then pull off it's paw and as soon as the mouse moved WHAM several times before it was finished off.

7. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Aww! They sound cute. Poor mouse but good kitty. [​IMG]

9. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

10. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    congratz! its the very rare cat who doesnt go after a mouse. but you wanna keep those little babies killing the mice? keep them slim not underweight but ideal weight dont let them get even slightly overweight just makes it harder for them to actually catch them. out of my 3 cats the best mousers were my thin kitty ginger my thicker boy buddy would try but he could never ever actually catch them nor could my youngest female who was also a little bit chunky not by much but just enough to slow her down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by