*****To all you newbies!!!*****

I agree with all that you just said!

• Yes, I agree!

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • No, I don't. (Please explain why below)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Hu? I don't understand.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can still help people that are newer than me to chickens. I can share the knowledge I have collected.
I learn things from people newer than you all the time.

When I first started here a decade ago, I was ripped on by experts frequently because I was a noob. I had been into chickens for a solid 35 years prior to that. It is a form of hazing. If you do not bow to it, then you can get placed on a poopy list that can last years. Learn, but do not bow

Can a fox rip through chicken wire?
I myself have never had a predator go through my chicken wire which I have had up for many years. I have replaced it because over the years it did start to break down. I also put up welded wire the last time I replaced the chicken wire. We have a lot of predators. I have had predators dig under the wire and some go over it but never through it. I'm sure others have, but I haven't. Now I have electric wires around my coops and pens, heavy duty netting covering all of the pens, concrete under the pens gates and in some places I dug a trench under the fence around a foot deep and buried welded wire under the fence and attached it to the bottom of the fence.
IMG_20200428_102816.jpg
DSCF0001tues 03.jpg
IMAG00011014 06.jpg
IMAG00021012 02.jpg
IMAG00021020 04.jpg

Just to clarify: I'm not saying that a fox or some other predator will always go through chicken why, but the person asked "Can a fox rip through chicken wire?". Well, here is the key word: "Can a fox rip through chicken wire?".

I said yes, because a fox can. I wasn't saying that it always would if you used chicken wire. (But a fox could not rip through hardware cloth. Maybe dig under it or go over it, but if that happens the person or people who installed it didn't do it quite right now something else happened like the fence was super old and weak. Or maybe it was also very thin.

Edit: I hope I didn't sound rude. Sorry if I did. :hugs

Just to clarify: I'm not saying that a fox or some other predator will always go through chicken why, but the person asked "Can a fox rip through chicken wire?". Well, here is the key word: "Can a fox rip through chicken wire?".

I said yes, because a fox can. I wasn't saying that it always would if you used chicken wire. (But a fox could not rip through hardware cloth. Maybe dig under it or go over it, but if that happens the person or people who installed it didn't do it quite right now something else happened like the fence was super old and weak. Or maybe it was also very thin.

Edit: I hope I didn't sound rude. Sorry if I did. :hugs

:D just wondering - because there is a fox prowling around; he hasn't tried to rip through my wire yet, but for precautions, i wanted to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom