To candle or not to candle...

thanks for the update Jen 4. Our day 24 is up today at 3 pm; no activity from 2 eggs. We candled last night and thought we could still see the air sac, but are thinking that they probably died.

But we had 3 cuties hatch out of the 5. I'll let you know what we find when we open them up.

YardFarmer Julie

Jen, Julie and Deb,

Congrats on the new chicks!

Lets see some picks of those little peeps running around.
jumpy.gif

Brenda

TheYardFarmers - Congratulations on the 3 that did hatch.....

* To see some of my pics. check out my farm blog, link below
smile.png

Quote:
I heard if the egg floats, its still alive, if it sinks to the bottom, its dead.

floating only means there is an air sack not that the egg is good, if the egg is good you will see it move, it may not be a lot but it will move.

wing it wrote
floating only means there is an air sack not that the egg is good, if the egg is good you will see it move, it may not be a lot but it will move.

thanks... I read that too, thats when I decided to go ahead and open them.

debiraymond - Sorry to hear that... Wishing you a great hatch this Month!​

Sorry for your losses guys.
sad.png
I'm on Day 22 and the waiting just sucks. Last hatch I didnt have the heart to break them open to check, I candled and it was apparent they died midway through incubation. THese guys were all candled and looked good so I will have to crack them open on Day 24 if theres nothing. Maybe I shouldnt wait that long but I would want to be reallllly sure they were dead before cracking them open. How do you guys do it, I'm worried they will stink very badly... Why cant they all just hatch.
sad.png

Yeah... I just started another hatch today and if some of them dont hatch I dont think I'm crackin em open... kind of sad. Good luck with yours.......

Back
Top Bottom