To high humidity HELP PLZ!!!!

Honestly I'm not sure, I haven't given other eggs enough of a shot to compare. I've incubated some various mixed breed eggs but I feel like those have generally been really good at hatching perhaps due to hybrid vigor.

The vaulted skulls silkies can have probably don't help, I sometimes wonder if the large vaults contribute to certain malpositions.

What's your advice for breeding birds with vaulted skulls? Is it ok to breed two vaulted skulled birds together if neither has too large a vault? Or is it best to match a vaulted with a non vaulted?

Keep in mind it’s not how much water you add that effects humidity you can add a plenty of water as long as it’s not going to get the eggs wet. Humidity is based on surface area not depth.
Yea which is why I okay add a teaspoon!!! So it doesn't cover hartley any surface area!!! The humidity runs between 33-39 without any water..and hatch is perfect if I can keep it at 40-45 but just a drop of water and it shoots up to 50 or higher..that's the reason I normally only add water every 3 days..just a teaspoon..I was trying to get an average humidity of 40-45.. not sure why I added water daily this time😭Got to comfy I guess.

Looking at your picture I see you have the eggs held upright in a cut down carton. Will you be hatching them like that? I'd perhaps think about laying them on their side seeing how the last hatch had a lot of chicks in the wrong end. Were those also standing upright like that? That may have been a factor in the chicks not making it out. I've heard good things about hatching upright but I would think it would decrease the chances of breach chicks making it. I personally always hatch eggs laying down since I do often get one or two chicks hatching from the narrow end of the egg.

Whatever you choose I wish you luck!
Ok I didn't get an answer by day 19 so I raised the humidity to 55😬 Ugh I hope there ok🙏 This is what the air cells look like today....day 20 starts at 4 pm... Do they look ok u think? Like they have lost enough moisture?

Looking at your picture I see you have the eggs held upright in a cut down carton. Will you be hatching them like that? I'd perhaps think about laying them on their side seeing how the last hatch had a lot of chicks in the wrong end. Were those also standing upright like that? That may have been a factor in the chicks not making it out. I've heard good things about hatching upright but I would think it would decrease the chances of breach chicks making it. I personally always hatch eggs laying down since I do often get one or two chicks hatching from the narrow end of the egg.

Whatever you choose I wish you luck!
And I've been told by a lot of Hatcher's that do a lot of shipped eggs do do them upright..and also another reason is if they don't lose enough moisture then if there sitting upright they won't drown..or it makes it harder for them to..that's the reason there sitting upright...I'm new so I haven't figured it all out yet 😭

My last hatch over half were breached and they all didn't hatch. They were really sticky .I had the humidity to high.so hopefully now maybe they'll pip if there breached 🤞

I've had some shipped eggs before that had a lot of fluid and sticky chicks even though the air cells were on the large side and humidity was on the low side throughout incubation. I think sometimes in the case of shipped eggs shipping does some odd things to the eggs. :hmm

Uhg yeah I hate it when they keep me waiting, I love incubating and hatching but it sure can be stressful! I hope they start internally pipping for you soon and you get much better results this time around! :fl

Back
Top Bottom