to many #'s

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bkwurth, Jan 31, 2011.

1. bkwurth

bkwurth Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    I am waiting on eggs in the mail. This is the first time I have hatched eggs. I have been reading for several days to learn what I can before I get started. But have read so many different opinions I have now decided that I do not know what temp. I should set the incubator to. It is foam, reading 100.2 and between 50-60%. Ive had it running for 3 days. I will be hatching Black Copper Marans. Can anyone tell me the correct range for temp and humidity? It's still-air.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Very exciting.

Look around in the hatching forum, you will find tons (maybe many tons) of useful information about temps, humidity, draft free set ups, egg turning, late/early hatches.

Enjoy!

3. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Others will post with more knowledge than me........but I wanted to say: [​IMG]

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Still air is 101
    humidity for first 10 days I run at between 40 - 45%
    from day 18 to hatch I run humidity at 60 - 65%

Now that I have my Brinsea I will never go back to the still air again. I love my Brinsea!! [​IMG]

I have only hatched 2 times (am on my second) so it will not hurt my feelings if you would like input from more experienced hatchers.
    Keep in mind that there is alot of variation as each person's environments vary that affect the bators. So it does not hurt to experiment and take notes while you are learning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by