To Our Veterans and their Loved Ones

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Blooie, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    If you are a Veteran, the spouse or SO of a Veteran, the parent, the son, daughter, grandchild, niece, nephew of a Veteran, thank you! Stand up and take a bow!!

<BOWING>

2. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

My dad and uncles on both sides, WWII vets
    My big brother, vietnam and Korea

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  3. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Chickie, take a bow!! And accept my thanks for you and your family, those who did what had to be done! Um, I didn't see your bow!!

4. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

GREAT THREAD :)

5. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Thanks, Amber!

6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

This is my pops. 1966 USMC, Twenty Nine Palms, CA. He served and fought in Vietnam.

And then today I did some internet searching for my Mom... Her Uncle Roy was MIA over the English Channel during WWII. I found the mission reports describing the crew's demise and a photo of the very plane he disappeared from. He was a gunner on the left side of this bomber. He was young and without a family... But gave the ultimate sacrifice. He was my Grandpa's Best Man at his wedding...so his history is important to me...tho we did not know him personally. I was thrilled to find & share this today. Very proud of these men in our family.

[​IMG]d

And here is my Father In Law. An engineer in the army. Stationed in Germany.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Oh, thanks so much for sharing these precious photos! And I am so grateful for every member of your family who served and humbled beyond measure at your mom's Uncle's sacrifice!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by