To Whom it Concerns (Rob maybe)

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by coffeemama, Nov 20, 2008.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Has anyone ever thought about a multi-quote function for the forums? It is so lovely to have the option to go through a whole thread and quote multiple people rather than just one per reply. I do my own multi-quoting, but I think people might like the option. I don't know if this has been explored before or not. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That's a great feature for sure. This forum software doesn't support it right now, but we may add it in the future... especially because people are so chatty and say a lot that needs to be quoted in each post. [​IMG]

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I had a feeling it maybe wasn't available with your software. Well maybe in future BYC land [​IMG]

4. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

One other thing is if when we quoted, could the quote be in smaller typeface so as not to take up so much space on the screen. Sometimes when you quote it is sOOOO large. Just an idea!

5. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:You can manually do it. [​IMG]

Quote:All you have to type is (quote="name") and then (/quote) at the end, then cut and paste what you want to quote from the topic review below. You need to use square brackets rather than parantheses.

Quote:I know you knew, but I wanted to show off. [​IMG]

You can also manually delete any quote for brevities sake, like so:

Quote:

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Trying to show me up, huh greyfields [​IMG] [​IMG] Yeah, I guess I have to do it the old fashioned way [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by