To Worm or Not to Worm Can someone PLEASE help?

Tricia's Triple Z

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 7, 2007
I had seen tiny white specks in their poo, it is very hard to describe. They weren't as big as rice, but they were white, they weren't flat. My thoughts after reading a few posts, that it may be the egg shells from Gape worms? Does anyone know if it could have been them, I did think that they were moving though.
Next, which I think is a symptom, is the shaking of the head and a sneeze like noise and another is gurgling as in growling.
Then, if it could be them, where do you get the wormer for that? I looked t the local Agway and Tractor supply.

Last edited:
I checked out the post, sorry to say it didn't give me information about the symptoms that they have. I really do think that it is gape worm. Does anyone know how fast it can kill?

Thanks, I do think that I read the first post before when I did worm them with a broad spectrum Thanks for the info

I just went out to the coop and my one hen, there 2 spots where the feathers are gone on it's neck. Both spots are about the size of a quarter. Any input, she is one of the ones that are sneezing

Please don't worm them until you get a fecal float and figure out what they really have. Worming is hard on them, and if they have another problem may make matters worse, plus you need the right wormer. Get a vet to help you diagnose the problem and get the right medicine!

ETA Could the missing feathers be from a rooster grabbing her neck?

Last edited:
Quote:
I second this post. Do get a "fecal float" test and figure out what they have. Then buy the right medicine for the job.

Feathers, rooster grabbing, moulting, bordom picking.

I will try and grab a fresh poo, the darn birds step on it so fast, I don't get a good plop. I can't do anything till Mon-Tue. I have no roo's so I might have to be a Peeping Tom tonight in their window to see if anyone is picking.
Thanks for all the advice:D

Back
Top Bottom