To worm or not to worm...that is the question!

dawnieworld

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm new to the wonderful world of chicken keeping..I really need to know if you all worm your chickens or not. I've gotten so much different information on the subject. Sounds like ACV may help to control them and I will start using it soon. What I really need to know though is do you all use wormers on a consistant basis though? If so, what, when, how????

Your input is highly appreciated!

Thanks so much.......Dawn:)

I do not worm mine. I choose to not put chemicals in my birds. I give mine ACV and I read an article that chopped up garlic tops are a natural dewormer. So when my garlic is done in the garden, I chop up the tops for them with scissors and they love it.

I've had my chickens over a year, and never had a problem with worms. (I look frequently though to make sure)

I would suggest wormguard plus broad spectrum that can be added to the feed, and still keeping things all natural without having to worry about the safety of eggs.

I've been raising birds for over 30 years....I would only recommend something that is simple and works.

Please keep in mind that ACV still requires the waterers to be washed with soap and water, on a regular filling basis, because it creates it's own special slime ...
hu.gif

~ bigzio

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

You don't wait until you see worms to worm your birds, you take "preventative" action. Not only for worms but mites and predators too.

Back
Top Bottom