Toad Raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those look like some gaint meat chickens.im new to this whole chicken thing. I have never heard of them before so will be following till learn as much as i can.
I am sorry, I missed this being you first post to BYC so,

welcome-byc.gif

I hope you enjoy it here. You have not heard of these at all because they are my own mixture.

I love them...Of course.
lau.gif

Would love to see some more toad pictures!

I have some pictures and a video..

I took this, this evening when I was going to lock them up. I let them free range for a couple hours today as I had my other roosters locked up. They do not look all that large in the video, but if you notice the way the roosters lumber when they walk you can get an idea. I had nothing near them for size this time.

You can see they come "running" Or walking slowly to me.

0.jpg

Baby pics to follow.

You can see they start life at about the same size as every other chick. I hope to have pictures of the month old ones tomorrow. They are moving into a new pen. I have one that is turning calico. I think it is a rooster based on the size of his legs.
I know you prefer NPIP, and I am not. I would like to still be on the list somewhere when you make it past the NPIP people. I am striving for a sustainable homestead. We've put in a food forest, and I raise goats for milk, and these guys would fit perfectly into my life. I would be happy to wait until chicks can be sent, and I would even be happy to get just a roo, to perhaps cross out with a more heat tolerant breed. I just can't bring myself to raise cornish crosses, they just don't seem like real birds. And though I am raising quail now, there's something deeply unsatisfying with having to pen them up all the time.

Check my footer peoples!!

I made up my mind thanks to those that pm'd and made suggestions (and here)..

The link is in my signature I can't advertise them in the thread..

I want to see toads everywhere. I cannot believe it took me 5 years to get the first one ready to go..WOW..

Remember they are experimental and this is just the alpha testing, or is that beta..I dunno..LOL

The video was great, thanks! One of the golden hens looks to have a very well developed double breast that would probably put a standard Cx to shame!

Doesn't she have a nice looking breast? I wish there was a class to show her in, she is so darn good looking! However, I think that is the one that had an eye injury and is blind in one eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom