Today i saved 3 baby bulbuls.

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Hello backyard chickens. Its good on this morning today i saved 3 baby bulbuls almost getting eaten by a cat.. I've been feeding them soya cucumbers dry corn and a little bread and a lot of water.. Any suggestions for better foods? Here is a very cute picture of em.. And thay can fly too!
IMG_20190817_084033.jpg

*Disclaimer* I'm no expert and this is only a guess....

You could set them up a brooder like you would with any of the other baby backyard birds. Get a small bag of chick crumble and see if they are interested in that. And water...obviously.

You could set them up a brooder like you would with any of the other baby backyard birds. Get a small bag of chick crumble and see if they are interested in that. And water...obviously.

That is not the best method for feeding them at this stage. :)

Ideally you need to find yourself some syringes and crop tubes. At this age they are going to hate the process. Handfeeding formula for parrots, finches, or softbills will be appropriate for feeding at this stage. Follow the directions carefully and be sure not to aspirate them.

In the future removing that cat rather than the birds would have been more appropriate. They have clearly reached the fledging stage and the parents would have continued to feed them soft foods for another week or two as they weaned them. As it stands now you'll be in for a fight each time you feed them.

You can feed it dog or cat food that has been soaked in water for a few days but then you will have to take it to a rehabilitation center where it has the best chance of survival do not feed them food intended for pet birds

DO NOT feed it veggies bread or water or milk
Please take it to a rehabilitation center i have tried to raise baby birds before and it is very hard they are normally sick or injured and will die without proper care and treatment

Back
Top Bottom