today is hatch day :(

Quote:
Thanks Frank-
You already did hook me up. All the ones from you are showing good growth- except the ones marked JS are clear- and I hesitated to even say anything because I don't blame you or think anything negative and I definitely don't think its from marker or bubble wrap, lol. I am only saying it in case you did something different or maybe the girls have your Roo outnumbered, or the heat is just too much (tell him to wear boxers, not briefs). Then again, maybe they just didnt like the ride here- but I doubt it because your packing was the ultimate best.

But its all good. They are definitely my last hatch of the season...I promised someone- my husband, perhaps- that the incubators and brooders will be put away, and everyone feathered out in time for Jack-o-lanterns and Pumpkin pies...lol.

Okay- so I lied....about being done. I have my first four quail eggs and I decided to put them in the incubator just in case they are fertile.
My coturnix females have laid their first eggs. I gave away the males last week.

Back
Top Bottom