today is hatch day :(

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
Of my three remaining eggs, one Serama hatched, but doesnt seem to be doing well. It is real sticky and quiet. And fall over on its back and doesnt struggle to get up, just sleeps.

One egg that was wiggling- is not doing a thing. Hasnt done a thing. I saw it rocking like crazy at 1130 last night, and have been watching it since 4 a.m. nothing.

The third egg was an iffy.

(these are not my serama eggs from Frank- but fthe ones from eBay).

Oh no. I am sorry. Perhaps wait a little longer and see if they decide to hatch. I had one that started pipping one day and didn't hatch til that next night! I was surprised!

The quiet one will likely perk up. I noticed that I had 2 with the sticky albumen on them (I rinsed them off under warm water, then painted their navels with betadine) and they were definitely sleepy and quiet for a while. What really perked them up was putting them in with the chirpy chicks after they dried off.

i had some that were moving like crazy one night and the next morning still as can be but by evening were hatching out like crazy. i also had a sticky tired chick that laid around all day, slept alot and spent alot of time on its back. i think it just had a hard time getting going but it's doing great now. don't know if that helps. i hope it does okay.

I agree with it probably perking up. My last one to hatch would work a little and then sleep alot! Then after it did hatch it slept for quite a while. It takes a lot out of the little cuties to get out of that egg!!!

I'm sorry. I hope it gets better. I have not had a decent hatch off of ebay so now I just use BYC members eggs and my own and get much much better hatch rates. Hope the sickly one perks up and the others hatch. My fingers are crossed for you.

Awww, sorry to hear they aren't doing well!
sad.png
Hang in there!!
When are the others due to hatch?

good luck, how are the ones you got from me doing, if you need some more let me know and i will hook you up.... since you had a bad ebay experience.. and to promote the serama further....

frank/ae50mag

the serama flunky

I have had the ones that sleep a lot, not seramas, and just put them on their tummies and watch them, keep it warm. It doesnt need to eat for a day. Put a bit of water on youre finger and put close to its beak put dont force the H2O.

Quote:
Well my one little baby is doing fine now- 'she' has a stuffed duck and a mirror for company- my other two eggs
sad.png
The one that had been rocking at 11:30 was dead in shell, and the iffy egg was scrambled nasty.

My Frizzle Polish eggs are due to hatch on the 28th and my "Franks' seramas" are due to hatch on the 30th- of course a day I have to work.

Back
Top Bottom