today is only day 17/18 and i already have a pip

Bock_Bock

Songster
11 Years
Dec 13, 2008
Hayward, Ca
i set them 18 days ago and i already have a pip it is one of my bantams eggs but my temp was never high around 99 or 100 degrees could the person i go them from possibly took it from a broody hen who started the incubation process, i picked these up from a guy who had tons of chickens and i set the eggs the same day i got them could it be that he took them from a broody hen?

Bantams sometimes don't have to cook as long as standard ones. My little Bantam Cochin Rooster hatched in the egg tray at early Day 18, hubby just happened to come in the house and here a peeping from the bator.

yea yea rub it in!
lol.png
kidding

some chicks will pips early than others.. if that egg was under a broody hen i doubt it would have made it through the mail and all this time but you never know

i just think it's a early pip and it most like wont hatch until late day 19 or day 20
smile.png

jealous though this is early morning day 20 for me no pips yet
he.gif

good luck with your hatch!!

Quote:
barnie.gif
This is early Day 19 for me and I am anxiously awaiting my Buff Orps, Barred Rock and my eggs (those are surprise eggs)
ep.gif

well these were not mailed i picked them up from a lady around here so i set them in my bator the same day i picked them up

I have a Buff Orp mutt egg in my bator with the rest of my eggs and i heard Orps are slow hatchers ...lol

my eggs were rocking and wiggling like crazy on day 18 and half of 19 and now they are still no movement what so ever..
he.gif
hit.gif
barnie.gif

Quote:
oh well if it was already under a broody hen i would think it would have been hatch well depending on how long it was under the hen.. but i doubt it

Bantams pip early due to the size .. every time i incubate smaller eggs they always pip way early...

your eggs should be fine
smile.png

I never thought to note whether Orps are slow or not, HMMMM got me thinking maybe I will keep a log now on all my eggs.

Back
Top Bottom