Today my Leghorn is 28 weeks...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by StarLover21, Jan 1, 2012.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    No eggs!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She doesn't even look like she's that ready...she's getting a bigger, redder comb, and it's pretty high and tall. So I hope she's getting close. As for my Black Stars, they're still like a 1/3 of the size of my fullgrown red stars, and have practically no comb, and their 18 weeks. They so small!!! Is that bad? Will me leghorn ever lay? I know...patience, but I've been waiting since 16 weeks, and her sister, who lives at somebody elses house, layed at 25 weeks!!

2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    My Leghorns started laying between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 months, but remember every chicken is different. If her comb is getting large and very red she is most likely very close. Just be patient. I have had some hens to lay at 4 1/2 months and some of other breeds take as much as 8. Maybe it will be today! [​IMG]

3. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] The worst part is she's freeranging my large backyard that has bushes, ivy, leaves- all very invatible places to lay an egg. [​IMG]

(but i'm certain she hasn't laid an egg yet, she just came home from a freinds has yesterday)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by