Today was the day!!!

When your hen is being mated with what does she do? Im curios that she is not squatting for the rooster and he is still mounting and mating.

Btw...10 days in a row :woot
He "dances" and then grabs onto her neck then she crouches down and they mate she doesn't put he wings out and when I go to pet them they don't put their wings to their sides either it's rather confusing but I think so far its just because they are trying to figure out what to do, but I am confused because I girl has been mating for at least 6 days now and she still doesn't squat. Do you know why?

He "dances" and then grabs onto her neck then she crouches down and they mate she doesn't put he wings out and when I go to pet them they don't put their wings to their sides either it's rather confusing but I think so far its just because they are trying to figure out what to do, but I am confused because I girl has been mating for at least 6 days now and she still doesn't squat. Do you know why?

Personally...no I have no idea why. I don’t have any roosters and this in my first flock ever. I’m guessing she will lay anyway now. Any pics of her?

Personally...no I have no idea why. I don’t have any roosters and this in my first flock ever. I’m guessing she will lay anyway now. Any pics of her?
1E3661C3-A1A7-403C-867C-87AC847FF9D1.jpeg
It's the top 2 not the Buff Orpington. But the other 2 are mating and not squatting. They are a New Hampshire Red and a Black Andalusian!

Back
Top Bottom