TODAYS PICTURES!

Quote:
He was rude at first, dancing up on them and grabbing necks. One of the EE's gave in and let him mount her and now he's just as sweet as he can be...to them. He doesn't like it to much when I go out there but he'll learn soon that those are MY girls and he's in MY yard.

Your run is fabulous!! What a gorgeous set up.

If you don't mind, I'd like to save a pic of your run to show the hubby what I'd like to set up for our girls.

And, I would consider that free-ranging, also. That's coming from a girl with thirteen acres of space for my girls.

Again, great set up.
Jess

Wow!
ep.gif
You put me to shame. Here I thought I was being generous with a 10x20 run for 10 standards and 6 bantams, and a bagel for breakfast (wit a schmear of course). I better hope they don't learn to log onto the Internet!

Trish,

I would have to say that what you've got there is a high security chicken resort. Do they play golf on all that grass?

I am also in California. Nothing green around here except right next to the creek. So far the girls don't range that far, but I have been wondering if they could get into trouble if they flaped up to the top of the stock waterer. Can chickens swim if they fell in?

Quote:
I give them small seedless watermelons. They're about $2. I couldn't tell you how much they weigh though, they're not sold by the pound were I live. I give them to the chickens nice and chilled because it is 100 degrees here. I can't wait for fall!!!

Back
Top Bottom