Today's Sunday Morning Breakfast

Miss Prissy:
I just gotta tell you this. That was a beautiful post you did there. No doubt not unlike your philosophy about life and your family.
YOUR ARE MY KIND OF WOMAN AND PERSON! MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE.

I tried to teach my children exactly what you said about makeing memories. That is: Make every effort in life to make the best memories you possibly can. Because in the end when you are sitting in a nursing home some where sucking soup through a straw, if you a blessed to hold on to your memory, you will have nothing left but good memories.

Bless You Lady

Halo,
Yeah, it's a pone. Please don't think that it is anything ugly. I guess that's just country folk talk. I don't know what else to call it. It ain't a loaf. lol

This is kinda like that new add I saw for that new fangled coke they came out with: "Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper". I can't even imagine that. Must take like some kinda cough syrup or something.

Instead of corn bread pone try it with sweet potaoes. Oh my! My grandmother made it like nobodies business!

You all are very kind. Thank you for all the nice words and sentiments. I hope you find your own joy in this life.

I generally just have a Pepsi for my breakfast
roll.png
....the thought of food when I get up doesn't set well with my stomach.

I do like to cook tho for my family...just my hubby and me now, the kids are all out on their own, and this morning I tried a new recipe for his breakfast...Baked Oatmeal. He liked it and said it was a keeper recipe.

Yogiman...DH tried one of those diet cherry chocolate DPs yesterday. He gagged and poured it out.

You made another gourmet breakfast, MissPrissy.
big_smile.png
We had scrambled eggs and toast with peanut butter and raw honey. That bread for the toast was made by an artisan baker in Johnson City that bakes it in a wood-fired stone oven. My coffee beans came from a micro-roaster in southwest VA and was ground fresh this morning. It was a gourmet breakfast in its own right and delicious.

I wish I could find better coffee but with the amounts we drink honestly i would go broke buying coffee beans.

I love artisan breads! Would you believe where I live there isn't a bakery in this county? There is a little mennonite store with fresh baked goods but it take too much gas to drive 40 minutes out there. I have a bread machine and just whip up a loaf or two. My kids like white loaf bread for peanut butter so I always have a loaf of old fashion little miss sunbeam in the bread box.

You'd love this man, MissPrissy! His store is the first floor of his house and it's all "artsy". In addition to wonderful bread, there's smoked meats, a few desserts and some entrees. He's only open on Thursday-Sunday and he changes the menu all the time to keep his customers guessing. If you ever come to northeast TN, you MUST visit this place.

Here's the info on the coffee:
Dark Hollow Micro Roasters
PO Box 307
Sugar Grove, VA 24375
877-246-2528

We don't have coffee every morning and my little coffee pot only makes 2 mugs worth--so that bag of coffee lasts a long time. For people that drink lots of coffee, a bag of this stuff would be good for weekends.

Don't get me wrong or anything Prissy Breakfast sounds good but I am headed south Yogi look out here I come!!! I am a true yankee but I grew up with a friend who family spent a good deal of time in Lousiana. That cookin in hard to beat. I am thinking of making a trip in about a month just for the crawfish!! And then there is the dirty rice, oh and jambolaya, and don't forget ettufee (spelled that REALLY WRONG). Then there is fried gator tail and.... Sorry I better stop the druel is getting on the keyboard.

You better bring me some crawfish, HC!! Now we are talking about eating! I am cooking fish today and I have my LA style breader ready to go. Just enough bite to it to let you know you have something something in your mouth! LOL

When my daughter was just a tiny thing people would laugh at her because she loved crawfish and would snap them open and first thing suck the heads. LOL They didn't know a little girls (5 yrs old) knew what to do with them. LOL

Hey HobbyChickener, COME ON DOWN!

Yeah, the cooking down here is hard to beat but the eaten' is even better. And trust me, I do a bunch of both, cooken and eaten. Crawfish are in now but will get better soon.

Problem with us down here is this. Grandpa said once: "I don't know if we eat to live or live to eat". I finally figured that one out. "WE LIVE TO EAT".

The culture is so diverse here, what with the cajun, creole, and country cooking. Combined, you can blow out a waist line, hips and thighs in a New York minute.

Last nite I had to make a mess of smothered pork and turnip stew w/rice, collard greens and a pone of cornbread. OH BROTHER!

Them ribs are so purty nestled up in the smoker getting all happy and tender. Sweet taters and baked beans resting in the oven and dirty rice in the making. Gotta go get some green onions out of the garden for the rice dressing.

Sure hope the wife gets back soon to make the cole slaw.

Back
Top Bottom