Today's temperature = # of eggs.

15F two days ago, 3 eggs
10F yesterday, 6 eggs
-9F this morning, 9 eggs - a record!

Obviously the cold makes them lay better
wink.png

Can't wait to see what I receive when it gets cold in the next week or so. They are talking -30F or colder. Bet I get a full dozen!
lol.png

Bruce

I too have been surprised how well my girls are doing in the cold/ low light days. We aren't anywhere near as cold here but I do know folks whose birds quit completely.

27 was our high today and we got 5/6 today.
I don't think we've made it above freezing for a couple weeks now (and some low's in single digits), but next week they are talking about possible 50's!
wee.gif

It'll be nice to get out there and clean up some of that frozen poop!

I don't think we've made it above freezing for a couple weeks now (and some low's in single digits), but next week they are talking about possible 50's!
wee.gif

One problem with that statement: If it is in the 50's that frozen poop will thaw!
sickbyc.gif

One problem with that statement: If it is in the 50's that frozen poop will thaw!
sickbyc.gif
I was thinking about that today when I went to scoop some poop on the ground... I usually scoop it everyday but our weather has been out of whack... Pretty much all of December was rain and now cold.... So the run was not able to completely dry out and with all the rain it kinda dissolved the poo and then with the sudden snow storms and cold weather... All I can say is it's going to be a MESS when we get a thaw...
sickbyc.gif
he.gif

I think when we do get a thaw
  1. I'm putting a tarp over the run
  2. Scooping the top layer of dirt off hahaha
  3. Laying down like 2 inches of river sand
  4. Then giving it a nice layer of mulch!

wee.gif

I just HATE 50s when it has been snowing. MUD SEASON in January. Yuk.

Around 40F today, got 12 from 18 Red Productions. Mine have been pretty steady unless a front is moving through, then I'm lucky to get 6-8.
welcome-byc.gif

Are you from the UK or just a MU fan from the US of A?

sickbyc.gif

Right! I think I'd rather scrape up chicken poop "rocks".

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom