Toddlers are Quackers

I guess she has been arriving over tired all along. Naps were stopped around nine-months elsewhere!!
I have done baths when they didn't scare her (she has had two cycles of being afraid of water), snuggles when she allows. Stories are rarely good when she is overtired. She honestly would cry the whole time I was doing whatever (bath and/or pajamas) and has walked over to her crib, yelling "nooooo!" about stories, and when I put her into the crib, she would stop crying. Those nights made my heart hurt for a child that only wanted sleep. Nothing else.
Anyway, I do what works that night/afternoon. The other night, she woke after an hour. I was grateful for her being in a regular bed, and the chair next to it. I sang, and stroked her hair. She snuggled against my shoulder, and was snoring in minutes.
Twice lately I've put her in my bed. I don't let it happen more than the first time she sleeps while here. She gives me puppy eyes sometimes, but a family bed doesn't work for us. I need quiet in the morning, and she wakes earlier when she isn't in her bed.

I guess she has been arriving over tired all along. Naps were stopped around nine-months elsewhere!!
I have done baths when they didn't scare her (she has had two cycles of being afraid of water), snuggles when she allows. Stories are rarely good when she is overtired. She honestly would cry the whole time I was doing whatever (bath and/or pajamas) and has walked over to her crib, yelling "nooooo!" about stories, and when I put her into the crib, she would stop crying. Those nights made my heart hurt for a child that only wanted sleep. Nothing else.
Anyway, I do what works that night/afternoon. The other night, she woke after an hour. I was grateful for her being in a regular bed, and the chair next to it. I sang, and stroked her hair. She snuggled against my shoulder, and was snoring in minutes.
Twice lately I've put her in my bed. I don't let it happen more than the first time she sleeps while here. She gives me puppy eyes sometimes, but a family bed doesn't work for us. I need quiet in the morning, and she wakes earlier when she isn't in her bed.
you do so well with her, she is lucky to have you for a mom
and you KNOW what i mean, and i mean it

Princess loves her bed, luckily. She's gotten too big and wiggly to share sleep with all night. She tends to hog the majority of my bed, and plant her feet on DH. He doesn't appreciate the kicks.

Back
Top Bottom