toilet paper

Quote:
If you're in a real pinch you could always use your socks!
bun.gif

sickbyc.gif
What would you do with your socks after that?

DONT ANSWER!
hide.gif

Quote:
sickbyc.gif
What would you do with your socks after that?

DONT ANSWER!
hide.gif

I used to work as a janitor at Disneyland.

You'd be surprised how often people did, even when there was a perfectly good roll of toilet paper just one stall over.

Quote:
DONT ANSWER!
hide.gif

I used to work as a janitor at Disneyland.

You'd be surprised how often people did, even when there was a perfectly good roll of toilet paper just one stall over.

That's something I didn't need to know.
sickbyc.gif
th.gif

Quote:
Make sure it is not poison oak or poison ivy leaves!

LOL Yeah, that would be a bummer to grab up a poison leaf to use
lau.gif

Luckily I know what they are....

journey11 ~ socks sound better than my hand!
lol.png

Quote:
Always glad to help. Let me know if I can traumatize you further in any way
wink.png

Uhhh I'll pass but thanks for offering.
smile.png

And before this thread gets closed, let me add my two cents.

If you know you are going to the orient or middle east, prepare. It is not easy for a westerner to use the squat toilets.

Practice the squat in the privacy of your own home before you go. It takes a lot of practice to learn to squat correctly.

And often, our systems are not really compatible with their microbes. You might find yourself learning how to use the thing in an emergency situation.

Usually, there is a bucket of water with a dipper. This is to wash the backside with. Don't drink from it.

Make sure your pants are down and far away from the target area.

If you miss the target area, don't feel bad. Look around the area and you will notice that a lot of other people had the same experience. The clean toilet is non existant outside of Europe and the Americas.

Carry wet ones or baby diaper wipes. Throw them into to the trash when done. Don't try to flush them.

Privacy is non existant in most cases, so expect an audience. Foreigners are always a good show, don't let the folks down.

Try not to think of this when watching your food being prepared.

And for what it is worth, McDonald's restaurants have western style toilets just about everywhere they do business.

Good Luck,

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom