Tolbunt Polish

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone had any Frizzle polish eggs? i would so love to add a frizzle to my Polish! My tolbunts are coming along so nicely, I'm ready to "up the ante!" lol

I want some too!

I keep frizzle cocks over smooth hens and smooth cocks over frizzle hens. The odds of a frizzle chick are 50/50. A lot of people that have frizzles do this. The only way you would have a 100% chance of hatching frizzle chicks is to breed a double frizzle with a smooth. And that would be unethical.
hmm.png
I have an ad in Classifieds if anyone is interested. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/864339/tolbunt-polish-hatching-eggs-one-dozen-shipping-included

Last edited:
So I think I got my first Tolbunt egg today. Here is a pic

The top egg is a store egg, second is a dorking egg, third is a silkie and I think that last one is a Tolbunt. What do you guys think?

Yeah it does have a very slight tint. I'm going to put my hen in question in her own coop for a few days to see if that's her egg.

Can someone tell me if I got ripped off? I never had Tolbunts before, but I do know something about Polish. I've had a number of varieties, and I know they have a vaulted skull and a V comb.

I have a very small fixed income, and I saved up for several months to get Tolbunt Polish chicks from these people: http://watsonridgeranch.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4709397

To begin with, I paid for 10 and only received 9.

I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to them until yesterday, because I had them with assorted other chicks almost the same age that I had hatched myself. Yesterday I thought they were getting big enough to take a good look at, and that's when I noticed some of them don't seem to be pure polish.

3 of them are developing good crests, and have a vaulted skull and a V comb, as they should.

But 6 of them look like they've been crossed with something. Those 6 do NOT have a vaulted skull or pea comb. Some have single combs, and some have what seems to be trying to be single combs. And they aren't showing much crest development at all.

I don't know how many pics I can upload to one post, so I'll upload the pics of the pure ones in this post, and the other ones in the next post.

Here are the three that look pure:

Here are the other 6. The blurry head shot is a single comb.

Can someone tell me if I got ripped off? I never had Tolbunts before, but I do know something about Polish. I've had a number of varieties, and I know they have a vaulted skull and a V comb.

I have a very small fixed income, and I saved up for several months to get Tolbunt Polish chicks from these people: http://watsonridgeranch.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4709397

To begin with, I paid for 10 and only received 9.

I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to them until yesterday, because I had them with assorted other chicks almost the same age that I had hatched myself. Yesterday I thought they were getting big enough to take a good look at, and that's when I noticed some of them don't seem to be pure polish.

3 of them are developing good crests, and have a vaulted skull and a V comb, as they should.

But 6 of them look like they've been crossed with something. Those 6 do NOT have a vaulted skull or pea comb. Some have single combs, and some have what seems to be trying to be single combs. And they aren't showing much crest development at all.

I don't know how many pics I can upload to one post, so I'll upload the pics of the pure ones in this post, and the other ones in the next post.

Here are the three that look pure:

They look corssed to me....with what i dunno though. According to their website all they have a are cemani, legbars, tolbunt polish, and serma. i personally would never have bought from them because their adults they show pictured are not pure tolbunt's....for example the 6th pic down shows a golden laced polish hen who has been crossed with...i would assume tolbunt as it is a common cross but most responsible people will bred pure tolbunt back in for a few gens before selling the chicks. i would assume their entire flock is crossed with golden laced which is why they have so much dark on their tolbunt and patches of lacing. As i said those are all assuptions based on their pictures, for the cross into another breed question i dunno. They could honestly think they have pure tolbunt and not realize they have some crossed mutts at least colorwise. Tolbunt is a popular breed for scammers less so now that greenfire doesnt carry them anymore but the product of it popularity and scammers was to cross anything with a tolbunt ot make it look like a tolbunt and sell it...so this watson ridge place may have bought chicks that had a mixed backround and never knew it or dont knwo enough about the breed to know the difference. They need to research tolbunt and polish in general and re-evaluate if they have pure or not and if not if they want to buy pure and either scrap or not sell eggs from the mutts. Again this is a speculation based on your chicks and their pictures.

As far as the odd comb goes....werid things can happen when you cross a duplex(V) comb with a rose or a pea comb.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom