Tomaru birds

redhotchick

Chirping
8 Years
May 22, 2011
Fort Worth
Can anyone recommend a quality breeder of Tomaru long Crowers? I lost my cock not too long ago and miss him. I still have hens but might be interested in more. I have Oriental fowl to trade or I can buy them. Thanx for any leads!

I have hatching eggs from a breeder in Pennsylvania named Steve. He didn't sell birds, just hatching eggs and I got the last he was selling. I lucked out with my pullets too, got them from a breeder and he lost most of the hatch mates to mine. I'm in the same boat, I have Tomaru pullets but no cockerels yet.

Have you considered breeding them to another breed cock like a Sumatra or something else similar that is an "old" breed, black and similar enough in type and characteristics? It might be helpful to outcross to increase the gene pool as small as it is now and every egg they lay that is not hatched seems such a serious waste since there are so few. If you ever decide to sell the hens, I'd be interested. I plan to build a good sized flock before selling any. If I hatch enough cockerels, would you be interested in swapping a hen for a cockerel? It wouldn't be until they are old enough to sex and that's only if they hatch. PM me if you'd like to stay in touch.

Back
Top Bottom